Router with static IP, cannot forward port 16000

Jineapple

Edited 6 September 2015 - 2:17 pm by Jineapple
I've already created a thread about this, but for some reason it just vanished? Maybe because of the server update...

Anyway, I'm having trouble forwarding port 16000. I live in a student's dorm, and we get a static IP assigned for our router configuration (I have a TP-Link TL-WR841N). I assigned a static IP for my PC and forwarded the port as described, but the port checker still says it's not open, I assume because the main router of the dorm won't allow it? I've created an exception for the windows firewall (Also tried completely disabling it to make sure) and also tried using Upnp. In all cases this is the output of network diagnostics:

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

However, at least half of all players I can only connect with a fp. Is there something I can do or am I out of luck with that configuration?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 6 September 2015 - 3:50 pm
Jineapple wrote:
I assigned a static IP for my PC and forwarded the port as described, but the port checker still says it's not open

Hi Jineapple,

Port Checker Tools cannot verify UDP Ports, they mostly work for TCP Ports.

All of your Test Results seem good, but if you are still having trouble connecting with other Players then try following:
  • Use a Different Port for Port Forwarding, e.g UDP 27000.
  • Disable UPnP from Your Voobly Settings and also from your Router/Modem settings.
  • Add an Exception in your Firewall of Game and Voobly or Enable Gaming Mode in your Antivirus(if you have)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 6 September 2015 - 9:21 pm
Doesn't make a difference unfortunately :/
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 September 2015 - 11:25 pm
hi
is the static ip assigned you in the range [You must login to view link]? or 10.0. or 172.0.0?
if so then as you say your in the student network. you could ask the techs to help as they could forward the port for you.
the only other option is a vpn. there are some free ones around.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts