Civi-Split Mod

InstaAoC

Edited 16 September 2015 - 4:31 pm by InstaAoC
Is it possible to create a mod that avoid one team to get outcived by other? Well, first of all, this mod should work only in 4v4 games, as these games generally end up in pos-imp wars. I know they have been sugesting a mod that has sorted all the possible fair combination of civis, but I thought of something more simple, that isn't just about randomly picking up a balanced civis combination.

This mod is simple. It will split some civilizations that are considered when they're in the same team, mostly because of the team bonuses. For example, in this mode:

-Persians and Teutons would never be in the same team. That's to avoid elephants with teuton bonus, it is just a pain to convert elephants with conversion resistance. It's so common to see persians going elephants in 4v4 BF when they have Teuton ally.

-Celts and Koreans would never be in the same team either. Celts are already overpowered, their Siege Onager owns in post-imp. With that +1 extra range they become even harder to deal with, so no, Celts and Korean cannot be in the same team.

-Britons and Goth would never be in the same team... really need explain why? The best archery in the game together with the most massed infantary. That's really hard to deal with. It is just time until they own enemy.

-Saracens and would never be in the same team of Teuton nor Franks. By doing that, you gives one chance to the team without Saracens to get Teuton or Franks, which have counter for Mamelukes, Teuton Knight and Axeman, respectively.

-Viking and Aztecs would never be in the same team. This time, not because they're strong together, but because they're very weak and have few to offer in post-imp. By having two suck post-imp civis mean nearly a lost in post-imp battles, so your team would never have two of them.

Above are some of the main civi-combos that puts a team in high advantage over other, but there are some others less important, which you could mention anyway. Share your opinion about this mod.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Playerpro123

Posted 16 September 2015 - 6:32 pm
hi no changes needed the map is perfect as it is. beta version of cba failed so no more changes needed. thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 InstaAoC

Edited 17 September 2015 - 2:39 am by InstaAoC
hi no changes needed the map is perfect as it is. beta version of cba failed so no more changes needed. thanks
I disagree about being perfect.

Having Persians, Teutons, Celts and Koreans in the same team is not perfect, for example.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Edited 17 September 2015 - 11:44 am by +arslan
It is Possible to do this with the help of triggers, I am not sure if a mod can balance civs.

But deciding which Civ combinations are over-powered and which are not is discretionary and many players may not agree on all Combinations.

Better way to avoid having unbalanced civ combinations is just to play with Mirror Civs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 17 September 2015 - 3:32 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
+arslan wrote:
It is Possible to do this with the help of triggers, I am not sure if a mod can balance civs.

But deciding which Civ combinations are over-powered and which are not is discretionary and many players may not agree on all Combinations.

Better way to avoid having unbalanced civ combinations is just to play with Mirror Civs.

If you had read anything about what he said, you would understand he is not talking about CBA nor Custom Scenarios.

@f1reboy
This idea has been discussed many times and sometimes people have stepped up, but this is not ordinary modding, it is much more than that. So, I cannot say for sure, if anybody is making one right now or not. Best thing to do is just play the game and have fun.
Link | Reply | Quote
 egjada

Posted 17 September 2015 - 4:52 pm
@nhoobish although you might be right your post (and mine too ;) ) does not help him. Post a name he can contact to know if it is possible to make such a mod.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 17 September 2015 - 7:03 pm
egjada wrote:
@nhoobish although you might be right your post (and mine too ;) ) does not help him. Post a name he can contact to know if it is possible to make such a mod.

I would have done that, if I had found the threads. Spent quite a long time browsing through the forums, did not find them though.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts