How to multitask

[LyF]rabid_wolf

Edited 19 November 2015 - 11:51 am by [LyF]rabid_wolf
Hi Hi,
I is a 1400 ish player in 1v1 RM. I loose mostly in the late caste and imperial age.

My feudal game and early castle is good but when it comes to the late castle age and imperial age, there is simply to many things to handle and I too slow. ;sadblush . I cant handle to queue many units at once, to boom many TC and to micro the army. In late castle my eco very unbalance, my army build too slow and I end up outmassed!

How the 15xx managed to do somany thing at once? Is it they fast or I slow or they have special technique?

Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rgeadn

Posted 19 November 2015 - 2:01 pm
its not something that can be taught, you just learn what to do when by playing. You just need to be thinking about your economy as a whole and try not to focus too much on one aspect. Thinking about what your scout is doing in dark, luring boars/deers. Making sure wood/bery vils are working well. Deciding when to make farms etc. Thats for dark age anyway, what you prioritise changes as the game progresses.

Easiest way to learn the macro side of things is to just watch recordings and see what higher level players do to get an idea of how to balance your economy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Edited 25 November 2015 - 8:09 pm by GregStein
Very good question BTW!

In addition to what Rgeadn said -- Being slow is an issue with players that didn't use to play arcade games massively or other similar type of games, Though you can still catch up.

(+) First, You need to start off by getting a good control of your mouse. To achieve that try to play some of these games constantly:
Code:
http://aim400kg.ru/en/ea/ http://osu.ppy.sh http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english

Aim for 35000 or more score at aim400kg & Get around 85% at hard/hardest on OSU! & Aim for 60 wpm on 10fastfingers.
Achieving a good control of you mouse will allow you to move much more faster and accurate.

(+) Make sure your scroll speed is set to fastest possible.

(+) Keep track of your gameplay speed or APM using this tool: [You must login to view link] (Run it as administrator so it functions)

(+) (Optional) Unlock the true Mouse Accuracy by using cpl mouse fix and disable enhanced pointer speed:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9RdLdiQ7Og

Your mouse will feel very weird, but you will get used to it in a week.

(+) Learn to watch time and do things at time.

Ex: Scout Rush Build for example:
Standard Feudal Click @: 7:45 min with 21 vils / 8:07 min with 22 vils
@ Feudal Age: wood/food up
@12:30/13 min: Around 11/13 farms
Mine camp @: 13:30/14 min
Wheelbarrow @: 15/16 min
Standard Castle Click @: 20/21/22 min
@Castle Age: You can build TCs if you have enough army or equal to your opponent. You can't build TCs is you have no army while your enemy has army (make defensive siege/ units). Build university before TCs if you have army advantage.
Standard Imperial Age Click: 32/33/34 min

(If you manage you to do things at time you will be immediately no match with 1400 players, because that's the difference between 1400 and higher rated TIMING)

(+) Start some practice matchups Versus the easy cpu at fast speed. Practice your build, Try to keep moving your army around the enemy base while you get your eco going. If you lose a villager or you click late or idle army, Do another game and wake up 11

(+) Practice 1v1s huns arabia and watch live streams instead of recs. Players that play 1v1 arabia.

(+) Finally watch your own records and see what you did wrong or what you always do wrong and try to fix it.

GLHF.

GregStein,

Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 19 November 2015 - 3:29 pm
become a woman and you will be able to multitask
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 19 November 2015 - 4:01 pm
Quote:
Dan
become a woman and you will be able to multitask
words of wisdom from some one that apparently knows.

learn the hot keys and your game will improve. you cannt play just with the mouse.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TheJedi]__Jonny

Posted 19 November 2015 - 4:49 pm
I'm pretty much at the same place as OP, and I just want to thank GregStein for your massively helpful advice!!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Posted 19 November 2015 - 6:55 pm
I'm pretty much at the same place as OP, and I just want to thank GregStein for your massively helpful advice!!!
np mate ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TheJedi]__Jonny

Posted 20 November 2015 - 2:05 am
Having said that, your link to the apm tool does not work ;3confused
Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Posted 20 November 2015 - 3:20 am
Having said that, your link to the apm tool does not work ;3confused

Thanks for the heads up! Fixed!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fallstar

Edited 4 December 2015 - 10:13 pm by Fallstar
If you're not using many hotkeys at the moment, start adding them in, one or two at a time. You should have hotkeys to build each commonly used building, and to queue each type of unit. You should also have hotkeys to go to commonly used buildings.

Mastering that takes time, but there's no special skill to it - it's just playing a few hundred games, introducing more hotkeys as you go and building muscle memory. Eventually the mechanical part of the game will become 2nd nature to you, which will give you more time to control your army, think about unit positioning, and start to effectively control multiple groups of units whilst perfectly maintaining your economy at home.

Once you've executed a build a thousand times or more - which many players even at a 1600 level will have - you can flash back to your base and perform the necessary macro steps very quickly, giving you plenty of time to control your army. Since efficient actions taken with army are generally worth many more efficient actions taken to macro (it takes a lot more work to efficiently gather the resources for and produce an archer than it does to micro a little and kill an archer) having even moderately superior mechanics makes the skill difference look a lot bigger than it really is, so don't get discouraged if you feel like you're getting crushed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Wa6

Edited 12 January 2016 - 10:47 am by Wa6
be more happy, my macro is night and day depending on my physiological consciousness state. smoke pot, exercise, read & practice.

also power training methods include: occasionally practicing on fastest speed
practicing macro in sc2
practicing micro in aoeo (snare will wake ur willy up)

come back to aoc ****s cheese mode.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LyF]KingBoothman1

Posted 7 May 2016 - 4:38 pm
Wolf my brother from really far away mother lol it really is all about hotkeys my friend have to get your hotkeys in order your early game is great so your half way there

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts