This is War 2016

Army1_VCom

Posted 18 December 2015 - 2:53 am
Ok guys first of all let me start by saying there is no date confirmed as yet as to when this will begin for a number of reasons including when do people want it, when can people commit to it and when can i commit the time. Though i will say this i dont think i will need to commit as much time as last year as i think you all know how the entire format works.

Naturally there will be very few changes to rules but one that will diffently be enforced is a member from each clan will need to post all the members in their clan before anything starts. This is to avoid any confusion as there will be a roster lock in place.

I would love to see the tourney expanded to more teams, of course the likes of 7th, xcel, vicious, eot, dv8, lc will all be invited. But i would like to see other clans/teams putting themselves forward. Alot who didnt get to play TIW 2015 have asked during the tourney and after about them playing in the next one. So now is the opportunity to put your clan forward. I will say this though we will need to be convinced you will play your games but im sure all those who played the last one would say it was worth it. So what id like to see is some putting themselves forward but also some opinions on who we should invite to the 2016 tourney. I would be delighted if we could even get 2 groups of 4. In all probability i think it might be wise to have seeds and those seeds would be the 4 semi finalists from 2015, but once again id like to hear opinions on that.

Prizes in all probability will be as they where for 2015 so clan premium along with a badge similar to those in 7th have added to the clan wall and players profiles. Maybe we might even have a cash prize but thats a discussion i feel is best done in private if it happens and i am open to it for any potential donations and having that discussion.

The maps involved i think would be best done on a secret vote like we done for 2015, though any major disagreement would just result in us using the maps we done for 2015. Though i do think you would all like a fresh vote on maps.

I think the veto system worked perfectly so will probably keep it as it was. In fact most rules will be exactly as they where and any potential changes would have to made by the vast majority

What i would like to hear is some mature feedback on what changes you would like to see from last year be it for example you want to see 4v4 rounds, rule changes, clans to invite, when to have the tourney, any of the above etc... There is no right or wrong answers but i feel its best to go with the majority and of course immature flaming will just be deleted so try and keep it clean and mature, thank you.

I welcome your feedback and i would like to genuinely find out what you all want
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:08 am
I think having ViCiouS, LC and dv8 team up (Stryker will have to pick between dv8 and Eot_) and just do it with 4 teams would be the best option. No offense to any of those teams but 7th/XceL/Eot are clearly the most active and competitive clans atm.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:09 am
Good intro post and seeing TIW starting again for 2016.

Teams auto invited I think should be Eot_ 7th ViCiouS XceL & Dv8. If you go with a 6 team tournament Epic should also get the invite to be part of the top 6... There arent really any other clans I can think of suitable or good enough for this type of event

As for rules the veto and last TIW's rules were all fine. and making each team cast their private votes for their top map picks and taking the majority as the set map list also should be the way map choices are done.

Looking forward to this again, gl hf :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 18 December 2015 - 3:17 am by 23RaidingParty
Faravahar wrote:
I think having ViCiouS, LC and dv8 team up (Stryker will have to pick between dv8 and Eot_) and just do it with 4 teams would be the best option. No offense to any of those teams but 7th/XceL/Eot are clearly the most active and competitive clans atm.

funny how u put vicious with those despite them being better at bloods than all 7th, xcel, and eot combined.
just because they are inactive doesn't mean they are noob.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:17 am
Faravahar wrote:
how would you suggest the tournament format goes with just 4 teams?

Dv8 has a strong team of 4 atm.. probably the best CBA team currently from what we've seen... and they could be competitive in some bloods too.

LC is without most of its active strong team... I dont think they could be competitive in this currently in any aspect of CS.

ViCiouS is still one of the strongest blood/euro clans there are... and obviously weaker in CBs but clans can still win without playing CBs as majority of map picks wont be towards that area.

Dont see any reason why we couldnt have atleast a 6 team tournament again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:18 am
funny how u put vicious with those despite them being better at bloods than all 7th, xcel, and eot combined.
Even if that's so, they struggled to show up with enough players to play last time... it wasn't a knock on their skills, I just never see 4 ViCiouS members online
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:19 am
Faravahar wrote:
Even if that's so, they struggled to show up with enough players to play last time... it wasn't a knock on their skills, I just never see 4 ViCiouS members online

alright i understand what u mean.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 18 December 2015 - 3:26 am by [I3acI]_Army1_
I do get your points on what the stronger clans are and on how hard it would be for any clan outside of those who played in 2015 competing thats why if we do have more we would need seeds i feel. I do though think its a good idea to give others a chance to play in such a big tourney against some top teams. We all know how loyal players can be which is a nice trait to have and it would be unfortunate for some if they couldnt get a chance to play if they didnt join one of the power houses. In some cases they would have little chance of getting to join anyway.

But of course il go with the majority and of course those other clans/teams now have an opportunity for putting their case forward on playing. I dont want to come across as biased and some felt a little excluded cause they didnt have a chance to play in the last event so at least this way they have an opportunity to put themselves forward and convince us that they would play throughout regardless of results.

What we would need to see is a willingness to play, an active clan and one who wont create problems for anyone else. So once again this is your opportunity to put yourself forward. You can do it through PM but i will be sharing your application with the rest of the teams
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:20 am
how would you suggest the tournament format goes with just 4 teams?

Dv8 has a strong team of 4 atm.. probably the best CBA team currently from what we've seen... and they could be competitive in some bloods too.

LC is without most of its active strong team... I dont think they could be competitive in this currently in any aspect of CS.

ViCiouS is still one of the strongest blood/euro clans there are... and obviously weaker in CBs but clans can still win without playing CBs as majority of map picks wont be towards that area.

Dont see any reason why we couldnt have atleast a 6 team tournament again.
4 team league format
dv8 has some new members who we can't say for sure will be loyal to the clan by the time this comes around
LC doesn't even have 4 active members as far as I'm aware.

ViCiouS could be a team by themselves if they wanted, just as they are the least active giving them players from others clans and going with a league format could help them.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SeriousMan

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:26 am
Damians right here. It can only be a four clan league if its all round maps. That's unless other players form new clans or combine clans.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:26 am
Faravahar wrote:
4 team league format
dv8 has some new members who we can't say for sure will be loyal to the clan by the time this comes around
LC doesn't even have 4 active members as far as I'm aware.

ViCiouS could be a team by themselves if they wanted, just as they are the least active giving them players from others clans and going with a league format could help them.
last tournament we had a 2 teams noticably weaker than the rest.. TAOE & LC... sometimes underdog teams make surprises happen and I think the more teams the better honestly (Frankie wants to see 8 teams or so) but I think thats aiming too high... the 6 I mentioned could make for a really good tournament imo... and no one really wants to see LC in this I think.. they lost barry, jassim riven & Demo recently and I dont think they will ever be competitve again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:27 am
Well go with 6 teams if you want teams who won't show up or will have the same 3 players playing every map then.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:28 am
One thing i remember dave suggesting that i liked was teams forming to play and entering regardless of what clan they are in. I guess it will give an opportunity for some even in the stronger clans a chance to play games as they might struggle to get many games for the clans they are in
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:34 am
One thing i remember dave suggesting that i liked was teams forming to play and entering regardless of what clan they are in. I guess it will give an opportunity for some even in the stronger clans a chance to play games as they might struggle to get many games for the clans they are in

that's a bad idea because you'll get all the try harders teaming together and start lying to postpone matches until they are more ready just like the 2v2 light random tournament
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 18 December 2015 - 3:37 am
i think anything outside of dv8 7th eot and vicious is just unfair

xcel as well obv if they're active

to my knowledge there aren't any other clans who play a range of maps at a high level, well any level..

would make for unfair brackets xD

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23456789101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 368 posts