Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Pls Help. Problem with AoE 2 HD when trying to join AoE 2 on voobly

Pls Help. Problem with AoE 2 HD when trying to join AoE 2 on voobly

lindstromaren

Posted 16 January 2016 - 4:13 pm
Hello everyone, i'm new here and was trying to join a game for the first time when i ran into a problem.. ;mellow

I have AoE 2 HD installed from steam since earlier and when i was using voobler and tried to join AoE 2 i had a problem with voobly trying to launch the AoE 2HD from steam location on the computer saying i need to install a compatibility pack?! Why is this? What does voobly has to do with AoE 2 HD from steam?

This is the message that shows up

"Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Your version of the game is not compatible with Voobly.

You must install the most recent 1.0c compatibility pack for Age2HD"

Does anybody know what to do? Can i change the location where voobly is looking for the gamefiles to the voobly folder instead of steam folder?

Best regards Max
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 4:22 pm
Hi,
Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Technical Support Forums.

In order to play using your Steam AOE II: HD version on Voobly you must install this: [You must login to view link].

For further more details, check it out this articles (below):
Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 lindstromaren

Posted 16 January 2016 - 5:46 pm
Thanks for your answer! :)

But i must be able to play AoE on voobly even if i don't have the HD version. Just to make clear, i don't want to play the hd versionon voobly but when i want to join AoE 2 on voobly that message appears, why? I don't even want to play it as HD
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:13 pm
When you join your game lobby one Game Diagnostic tool dialogue box will pop up, from that click Browse -> open your Game Directory folder location and give path this file: age2_x1.exe and press Apply.

Note: If Game Diagnostics tool doesn't pop then you can open that from top menu 'Options' on your game lobby.

P.S. Make sure you're using genuine game copy file, not piracy related one.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lindstromaren

Posted 17 January 2016 - 1:26 pm
Yes the Diagnostic tool appears but there is no browse btton where i can choose.. Pls look att the picture i attached

I attached a screenshot of the window that appears :)

Attachments:
Diagnostic.JPG (file size: 50.64 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 17 January 2016 - 4:51 pm
mate, first tell us one thing clearly: do you have Classic (or) HD version game...?

anyway, do perform a clean reinstall your game:- Uninstall your game and delete existing directory folder of your game from your system and perform a system restart and then finally reinstall your game and join Voobly and give path your game file.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lindstromaren

Posted 17 January 2016 - 5:23 pm
i have both since earlier installed on my computer..

Is there any way i can just change the searchpath for the game file in voobly?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 18 January 2016 - 1:01 am by kitt
As default your Voobly client detecting your Steam HD version of game... but you want to make path for your classic version game. so, possible ways: 1. rename your Steam Age2HD folder to like Age2HD_old, once you done join voobly and it will ask you to locate exact file, from that give path to your classic version game. and once you done rename your Steam Age2HD folder name back to its previous name (Age2HD_old).
2. If still you have no idea or same issue then only thing you have to do uninstall your HD game and give path of your Classic game file location and reinstall back your HD.

Cheers!
You must login into Voobly to view image

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts