Hotkey Issues

always_win_

Posted 14 February 2016 - 5:10 am
Hi

Having some problems with setting my hotkeys.

I launched through Voobly by myself - set all the hotkeys...resigned and quit
Then went and joined another game room launched it - and they all went back to default again.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or know how to fix?

Thanks

C
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 14 February 2016 - 6:05 am
Hi,

UAC issue mate. so you need to run your game as an administrator.

Do run your game (age2_x1.exe) file as an administrator -> under [You must login to view link] settings:
  1. For your Game directory file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1,
  2. Voobly gamedata patch files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aoc -&- C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aoc\userpatch.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 always_win_

Posted 14 February 2016 - 7:09 am
Calvin

Thanks for the tips - I just set everything to run as admin now.

However when I open up my Voobly it brings me the following -

"Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Your version of the game is not compatible with Voobly.

You must install the most recent 1.0c compatibility pack for Age2HD"

Is this something to do with my game not saving the hotkeys?

Thanks

C
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 14 February 2016 - 9:23 pm
Are you using Steam HD (or) Classic version of game? from your error log - I can see that you have HD but though I want make sure.

If it is HD then you must install the additional "Compatibility Patch - [You must login to view link]" to run your game on Voobly.
You have already installed that and still you're getting that error means then you need to clean reinstall your game again following this article: #KB1057 exactly.
However when I open up my Voobly it brings me the following -

"Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Your version of the game is not compatible with Voobly.

Is this something to do with my game not saving the hotkeys?
Certainly! yes. since, you haven't path your game patch file: age2_x1.exe. and also I wonder if you're getting this error then how can you still play in? ^
Link | Reply | Quote
 always_win_

Posted 18 February 2016 - 9:17 am
Calvin

When I open my Voobly now it doesn't display any errors. So I have that installed fine.

However I am still having issues with the hotkeys - I launched through Voobly into a game...changed the hotkeys to what I wanted...resigned and quit. Then the next game I go into the hotkeys are all back defaulted.

Why is this? Could you help me fix the issue plz?

Thanks

C
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 23 February 2016 - 8:12 pm
Hi again,

As I mentioned on my previous post (#1118911) the first thing you must and should run your game as an administrator privilege level.
Next, start Single Player Mode through Voobly, and Go to 'Options' menu and delete all your existing profile names and after that recreate a new profile name and set your desire Hotkey settings and restart your game.

This should works. :)
Cheers!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts