Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Random Map > Farming Information Based On Civilization.

Farming Information Based On Civilization.

ExperiencedPlay

Posted 17 February 2016 - 5:59 am
Hi. This Thread is going to Be About Farming.

In Age of Conquerors, there are Only 2 Civilizations with Non-Generic farmers!
Note: This Excludes Chinese and Teuton(also Spanish Indirectly) Farming Rates and is Tested in Dark Age.

The 2 Civilizations with Non-Generic Farmers are Mayans and Aztecs!

I Did 2 Tests on Generic, Aztecs, and Mayans! Note: 1st test Failed on Mayans so I was to Redo It.

Generic: Aztecs: Mayans:
Test 1
Total Food: 177 177 213
Time at 175 food: 9:21 8:06 9:50
Time Completed: 9:21 8:06 11:40
Generic: Aztecs: Mayans:
Test 2
Total Food 177 178 212
Time at 175 food: 9:31 8:19 9:57
Time Completed: 9:31 8:19 11:43

Aztecs Have a Hidden farm Bonus of +12-15%!
Aztec Villagers also have +5 Carry Capacity! Awesome!

Mayans Resources last 20% longer.
Their Villagers Grab 1.2 resources when the Resource goes down 1!
So they have Collection Penalty to Balance that Out!

I fell sorry About Mayans getting Penalized because I Like them Otherwise.

To be Honest though, Mayans Should get Nerfed.

Also are Farms Worth still Making as the Mayans for the Purpose of Farms???

Thanks for Reading and Any Replying is Completely Welcome!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Posted 17 February 2016 - 6:24 am
Aztec farm bonus isn't really hidden since it has to do with that extra carrying capacity you mentioned. Since it reduces the number of times the villager has to walk back and drop off the food it accounts for the faster farming.

I think you will find the number to increase even more the farther away you put the farm from the TC/mill

You can see a summary here (he includes african kingdoms but the basics stay the same)

Link | Reply | Quote
 ExperiencedPlay

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:23 am
Aztecs have +5 carry capacity obviously, but they also get a hidden direct farming bonus just in case you did not know.
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 17 February 2016 - 10:59 am by 23RaidingParty
the aztec advantage isn't a secret, they take less trips to reach a certain target food, hence less time, hence faster gathering, but that's not the only reason why aztec farmers are so effective:

pure food gather rate without considering the walking is 0.53 food/second, which is very high, and that's why the +5 more food carried is significant

another reason is because food quota for farmers is 10 food, this is a small number, and in proportion to the extra +5, it's a big percentage. this is why mayan farmers don't do as much, since for each 5 gathered, you get +1, so that's only 2 food extra.

if the farmer food quota was bigger, mayan farmers would actually be better than aztec farmers

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts