Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Force Desktop Resolution Problem - Can't get 1920 x 1080 can only get

Force Desktop Resolution Problem - Can't get 1920 x 1080 can only get

HiddenGemzGamer

Posted 2 May 2016 - 6:22 am
Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right place so forgive me if it is not.

Drushy and I worked on this for about an hour but could not get it to work.

I have a nice HD Asus 24inch monitor. My native resolution is 1920 x 1080. I play Dirty Bomb (modern 1st person shooter) on steam in this resolution.

I have looked at my resolution settings and I am sure that my resolution is set to 1920 x 1080.

I just started playing AOE again on voobly about a week ago. My resolution was perfect and I am almost positive that it was set to 1920 x 1080. I was so surprised by how nice the resolution looked that I went into the options while playing the game to check the resolution. I don't think I pressed any buttons, but somehow out of the blue, the screen flashed black as if I changed the settings and the resolution magically changed. After that screen flash the highest resolution setting I can get is 1280 x 1024.

I do have force desktop resolution selected.

I have also tried messing with other settings such as 32 bit color, windows xp compatibility, and disable scaling on high dpi settings.

I did go into my Nvidia graphics card settings and seemed to make some improvements by changing the scaling to full screen which got rid of the black bar around the sides of the screen but I still can not get back the beautiful 1920 x 1080 resolution.

The game is at least playable right now but it would be nice to have the beautiful 1920 x 1080 resolution back.

Please help,

sincerely,

a sad Lyon.
Attachments:
ScreenClip.png (file size: 208.16 KB)
ScreenClip1.png (file size: 71.05 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 2 May 2016 - 12:37 pm by Cavin
Hi Lyon!

Make sure that you using UserPatch under Resolution Tools in your game room settings. If yes! then most probably it's just patch mistake mate, but anyway you can resolve easily.

First, » Download « Offline Userpatch 1.4 and install like this:
  1. Ensure that Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion is not running.
  2. Extract "SetupAoC.exe" into your "[You must login to view link]" directory folder.
  3. Run "SetupAoC.exe" (admin privileges may be required).
  4. Select the "[You must login to view link]" to install.
  5. Finally, hold the Ctrl+Alt keys and click "Install".
Next, start your game offline and set your resolution to 1920x1080 and exit. After that open Voobly 1.4 RC patch page and there press uninstall and rejoin your game lobby and patch will re-download and install perfectly.

This will certainly fix your issue. so be happy Lyon! ^

P.S. Moved your thread to Technical Support forums section.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 HiddenGemzGamer

Posted 3 May 2016 - 7:02 am
Hi Cavin

Thanks for your help.

I tried everything you said, and in fact I tried it a couple times but still was unsuccessful.

The interesting thing is, when I go to >resolution tool>command bar position>and change it from user to center I somehow how get 1920x1080. So "center" must be selected here instead of "user" for me to get 1920 x 1080.

The only problem with this fix is that all the buttons on the bottom of the screen to build units and buildings are much smaller than they should be and harder to see.

Any suggestions?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 5 May 2016 - 10:15 am by Cavin
Okay. so 1.0c widescreen patch working for you which is "Force Desktop Resolution in Game" and with "Command Bar Position ► Center".
But the thing is UserPatch 1.4 still not working for you. so you must workaround to fix that; Try clean reinstall your game and voobly - Uninstall and delete both directory folder and restart your system and install again.

About your in game button icons smaller issue - Typically that is normal when you're using any higher resolution. so nothing much you can do about that. Though if you wish to make them bigger then you have to use lower resolution. nonetheless with UserPatch it should be look better. so please try reinstall both your game and voobly and see.
Link | Reply | Quote
 VirtualBox2

Posted 26 July 2016 - 9:06 pm
Cavin wrote:
Hi Lyon!

Make sure that you using UserPatch under Resolution Tools in your game room settings. If yes! then most probably it's just patch mistake mate, but anyway you can resolve easily.

First, » Download « Offline Userpatch 1.4 and install like this:
  1. Ensure that Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion is not running.
  2. Extract "SetupAoC.exe" into your "[You must login to view link]" directory folder.
  3. Run "SetupAoC.exe" (admin privileges may be required).
  4. Select the "[You must login to view link]" to install.
  5. Finally, hold the Ctrl+Alt keys and click "Install".
Next, start your game offline and set your resolution to 1920x1080 and exit. After that open Voobly 1.4 RC patch page and there press uninstall and rejoin your game lobby and patch will re-download and install perfectly.

This will certainly fix your issue. so be happy Lyon! ^

P.S. Moved your thread to Technical Support forums section.

Cheers!

Thank you Cavin. I had the same problem, followed your post and it worked for me. I did not have to select Center to get this to work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 VirtualBox2

Posted 26 July 2016 - 9:09 pm
Cavin wrote:
Okay. so 1.0c widescreen patch working for you which is "Force Desktop Resolution in Game" and with "Command Bar Position ► Center".
But the thing is UserPatch 1.4 still not working for you. so you must workaround to fix that; Try clean reinstall your game and voobly - Uninstall and delete both directory folder and restart your system and install again.

About your in game button icons smaller issue - Typically that is normal when you're using any higher resolution. so nothing much you can do about that. Though if you wish to make them bigger then you have to use lower resolution. nonetheless with UserPatch it should be look better. so please try reinstall both your game and voobly and see.

In my case, i did not need to uninstall and install UserPatch 1.4. In fact i tried to uninstall, but it said it cannot find my AOE directory :D So i logged in to Voobly and started a game, and for the first time in 16 months, I could get full screen! Nice

Thanks again Cavin 8) ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 27 July 2016 - 7:29 am
You're welcome. :)
Have fun!

[ Thread Closed. ]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts