Age of empires conquerors HD on MAC

krowley7192

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:53 am
I am PlayOnMac to install the game and i install the path, the game with out voolbly start OK. but when i tried to start with voobly it doent do anything.

voobly said that the game is correct but.

I create a host game and i launch the game, start to count and then nothing!.

I dont know what can i do.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RAj

Posted 17 May 2016 - 3:20 pm
Hey

Check wine-staging installed. if you installed age of empire 2 con via POM then default wine version 1.6 get installed. so you need to change to wine staging 1.8 version or higher( i tried with wine staging1.8 and latest wine staging 1.9.2 both works fine)
You must login into Voobly to view image

I hope you installed voobly via play on mac. if you didt then please reinstall it.
playonmac -> Install program -> Install non listed program -> Edit or Update existing application -> (click on show virtual dirves) select AOE2 installed virtual drive. -> Install some libraries -> 32bit installation ->
select following libraries
POL_install_d3dx9_43
POL_install_directplay
POL-install-dotnet45
after installing above libraries select voobly setup file which you downloaded. and complete install. create voobly shortcut in playonmac

then finally click on voobly shortcut in play on mac then configuration
add export STAGING_WRITECOPY=1 lines in miscellaneous tab command execute before running the program.

then try starting voobly from shortcut

Link | Reply | Quote
 Secret_TheViper

Posted 26 December 2016 - 4:44 pm
Hi. It is not working for me. I had problem installing Dotnet. There was 1 file that I had to skip. The older wine versions are working (1.2 and 1.3) but they are too slow. New wine versions are not working

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts