Voobly desktop client problem

[Azad]Bosanac1994

Posted 1 July 2016 - 9:16 am
I have installed for first time voobly on windows 10 system.Problem is that when I click to log in, app immidiately crashes after that.Someone help?
Attachments:
minidump.dmp (file size: 436.87 KB)
minidump 1.dmp (file size: 243.35 KB)
minidump 2.dmp (file size: 242.96 KB)
minidump 3.dmp (file size: 240.2 KB)
minidump 4.dmp (file size: 241.83 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 1 July 2016 - 11:53 am
Hello,

Please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the Voobly client
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1053+Clean+installation+of+Voobly+client

Make sure you start Voobly as an Administrator.

If that does not help resolve the problem then, attach your log files which you can find in your install directory. The log files are text files that begin with Voobly

Example: Voobly.txt, Voobly(1).txt, etc

I will need all of them.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Azad]Bosanac1994

Posted 1 July 2016 - 12:34 pm
I did like you said,still same problem persists.Here are more files.
Attachments:
voobly.txt (file size: 2.06 KB)
minidump.dmp (file size: 244.38 KB)
voobly.png (file size: 43.81 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [Azad]Bosanac1994

Posted 1 July 2016 - 1:38 pm
I checked if firewall is blocking and added exception ,also checked with full scan with malwarebytes.Seems to be everything fine. Dunno if win10 system is dealing problem with it what do you think?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 1 July 2016 - 7:14 pm
Can you make a few more attempts to connect, that should generate a few more log files (viz. Voobly(1).txt, Voobly(2).txt) and so on. Also note that Voobly.txt will also get overwritten. So please send me all the logs after a few more tries.

From what you have sent it seems that your Voobly messenger is not able to establish a connection with the client server.

Also check your hosts file to see if Voobly is added in there. The path to the hosts file is:

<OS DRIVE>:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

I am guessing since you have malwarebytes, you probably have a deny instance in your hosts file, in which case removing that entry should fix your problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Azad]Bosanac1994

Edited 1 July 2016 - 10:26 pm by [Azad]Bosanac1994
Hello there.Thanks for help ,because with your information I found the problem.Here is detailed list of actions for everyone who has the same problem as me.

Problem:
-After clicking on log in button in voobly desktop client,client crashes (stopped working notification)
-The thing that was doing that problem was new Microsoft windows update related for some apps (win8,win8.1,win10 these are common operating systems known to have this problem)

Actions:
-Format and reinstall new system
-Windows update settings > defer windows updates (deactivate)
-Install voobly client and open it... see the magic and enjoy playing games :)

Another option: If someone can do recovery option to older time to 27.12.2015 or older ,it will fix problem because in that period came new windows update related with this problem
Do not install windows update or you will get again same problem!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 1 July 2016 - 11:36 pm
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/226018
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 July 2016 - 12:17 pm
Hello there.Thanks for help ,because with your information I found the problem.Here is detailed list of actions for everyone who has the same problem as me.

Problem:
-After clicking on log in button in voobly desktop client,client crashes (stopped working notification)
-The thing that was doing that problem was new Microsoft windows update related for some apps (win8,win8.1,win10 these are common operating systems known to have this problem)

Actions:
-Format and reinstall new system
-Windows update settings > defer windows updates (deactivate)
-Install voobly client and open it... see the magic and enjoy playing games :)

Another option: If someone can do recovery option to older time to 27.12.2015 or older ,it will fix problem because in that period came new windows update related with this problem
Do not install windows update or you will get again same problem!

That is not true and I would strongly recommend against it.

Windows update is extremely important and disabling win updates would put your computer at risk against upcoming vulnerabilities.

Like I mentioned in my prior post, the problem is elsewhere. Your system is not able to make a handshake with the Voobly client server. This is very clear from your logs. The possible causes to this is a network or system block (possibly a firewall/ antivirus blocking access). In your case I will place my bets on Malwarebytes.

The only reason why it worked this time is because you did not reinstall all of the security apps that you had earlier and your reinstall practically removed all the blacklist entries form your 'hosts' file.

Either way, I am happy you were able to fix it but at the same time, I would "strongly" recommend turning on windows updates.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts