Need Technical Help

aKprOdiGy

Posted 11 July 2016 - 8:45 am
I got a new broadband connection a couple of days back.
The download speed is somewhere between 3-4Mbps

But I am FP to almost all the players.
Maybe it is because of port forwarding, which I have no idea about.
I am not a tech person, so it's difficult for me to understand these things.

I have only one device for the internet connection - DLink N150 DIR600m
I have taken some screenshots of my router as advised to me by a technical person -

Virtual server - [You must login to view link]
UPnP - [You must login to view link]
Device Info - [You must login to view link]
Router Detector - [You must login to view link]
Port Triggering - [You must login to view link]
DHCP Settings - [You must login to view link]

Can someone tell me what to do step by step to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 11 July 2016 - 3:30 pm by kitt
The steps to apply port forwarding are pretty simple.
remove/ disable the port entries in port triggering. apply/save.
open virtual server and check you have forwarded port 16000udp there correctly. apply/save
check from this "how to" it is correct but use only single port 16000udp
[You must login to view link]
[You must login to view link]

1. You check your DHCP assigned IP by running ipconfig on your computer
Quote:
Open the Command prompt by clicking on the start button (windows key on the keyboard) and then typing "cmd" in the search bar (without the quotes)
You should now see a black box (the command prompt)
Type the following command and hit enter
Ipconfig /all
Make note of the 'IPV4' and 'Default Gateway' information.

2. You login to your router by using the default gateway in your browser.

3. You look for the port forwarding option and setup a rule to open your Voobly NAT port (default is UDP 16000)

You seem to have done all of the above, so it's time to double check.

1. Check if your DHCP assigned IP for your computer is still the same. (Perform step 1 mentioned above and make sure the IPV4 (preferred) is still 192.168.0.3. If not, make sure you modify your port forwarding rule on your router to reflect the new IP

2. Check your Voobly NAT port (Open settings from any lobby and move to NAT Traversal). Make sure the port is
set to 16000.

If the above is in place, then try running the port checker that you downloaded (from [You must login to view link]) and check for UDP 16000. See if the port is open. If it says that your port is open, then there is nothing to worry about. On the contrary if it says otherwise, then you could try out a few extra steps as listed below:

1. Add an exception for Voobly and AOC in your server firewall. Here are the steps to configure Windows Firewall to play on Voobly:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1035+How+to+configure+Windows+Firewall+to+play+on+Voobly

2. Disable (if possible, uninstall) any antivirus/ anti-malware software you may have installed. This will help you zero down the problem to figure out if any of those security apps are interfering. You are of course welcome to reinstall them later.

Link | Reply | Quote
 aKprOdiGy

Posted 11 July 2016 - 4:17 pm
Thanks. That fixed the issue real quick.

However, one last thing.
My voobly keeps disconnecting every 15-20 minutes. And then it reconnects.
How do I fix that?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 July 2016 - 4:32 pm
You are probably lossing connection to the Voobly server (significant packet loss).While minor packet losses are acceptable and will not harm your Voobly game play, major loss in data packets can cause abrupt disconnections. Speak to your ISP and tell them that your connection is not stable and that you are loosing packets causing you to get disconnected very often.

But before you do that make sure that this problem is as you mentioned. If the disconnection is extremely rare and happens once in a blue moon, you might as well disregard it. With firewall disabled and no antivirus running on your computer there is very little chance for an application conflict to cause you to disconnect randomly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 aKprOdiGy

Posted 11 July 2016 - 5:08 pm
Okay. Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 aKprOdiGy

Edited 11 July 2016 - 8:29 pm by aKprOdiGy
I attached the files like you asked. Please check and tell me the issue.
Thank you.
Attachments:
voobly 1.txt (file size: 160.34 KB)
voobly.txt (file size: 74.06 KB)
hosts (file size: 840 B)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:45 am
There is nothing suspicious within these attached logs. After having spoken to you I suspect you have a DNS issue with your ISP. Can you try contacting them to see if they have a problem/ outage on their side?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts