Voobly freezes in Game diagnostics tool.

+sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 October 2016 - 4:54 pm
Copying the game folder to Program files will not solve your problem. You will need to install the game from the original game CDs or the installer that you may have. If you do not have the installer, consider buying a downloadable version of the game from Steam.

Please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the game:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1019+Clean+installation+of+Age+of+Empires+II+with+the+latest+patches

or for HD version

http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Posted 29 October 2016 - 6:13 pm
bought the HD version from steam ill try with that later. I will be surprised if it doesnt freeze but we'll c!

Brdgs Jim
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Edited 29 October 2016 - 8:55 pm by StiffJim
it still freezes. Caant do anything more than restart the computer to shut voobly down.

Did the AOE HD solution
Attachments:
Voobly freeze 4.png (file size: 292.49 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 29 October 2016 - 10:15 pm by +sunny@voobly
Unless you install the game correctly, the registry keys won't be found. Your game diagnostic clearly shows that you have not installed the game or not installed it correctly. And close all applications (including chrome/ twitch) when you start Voobly. If the problem persists, attach your log files from Voobly directory (Voobly.txt, Voobly(1).txt and Voobly(2).txt)

But before that, follow the clean install guide.

Note: Next time you get that update popup, just wait for a while (even if it appears to have crashed).
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Edited 30 October 2016 - 7:45 pm by StiffJim
Hi
I'v been patient with the crash but its just get stuck. I followed the installation and the guide also says that you should give voobly the installation path when asked for it but i cant do that as it gets stuck. Ill try to find this txt
Attachments:
Location right.png (file size: 271.34 KB)
voobly 1.txt (file size: 8.79 KB)
voobly 2.txt (file size: 5.77 KB)
voobly 3.txt (file size: 4.88 KB)
voobly 4.txt (file size: 7.92 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:24 pm
Thank you for the logs.

It appears your security application/ applications may be preventing the patch download.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. If you have not yet installed the hd patch, do so before you join Voobly. You can download it [You must login to view link]
2. After installing the HD patch, make sure you start Voobly as an administrator.
3. Add Voobly and AOC to your firewall and antivirus exception list. Here are the steps to configure Windows Firewall to play on Voobly:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1035+How+to+configure+Windows+Firewall+to+play+on+Voobly
If you are using anything other than windows firewall, you will need to add an exception within the app for Voobly and AOC.
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Posted 2 November 2016 - 2:05 am
Hi. Did all that now and could get on the router too witch i think i setup it correctly. Attaching apic of the setup and the log again.

It still freezes.. I think we hit a dead end sadly and i think it's just my computer that cant handle it somehow. I can play abit on steam so its ok but sux anyway.

Do you think its something fixable still?

Brgds Jim
Attachments:
voobly.txt (file size: 8.88 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 2 November 2016 - 4:42 am
Apparently this is an odd issue (lol). I do understand how frustrating this must be for you. =@

Well anyway, first try update lobby gamedata patch and other game mods by manually:
  1. Download this aoc lobby gamedata patch and run as admin and install.
  2. Download this additional Voobly game mods and extract the content folder (Voobly Mods) in your main game directory (by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD) and restart Voobly.
Secondly, the only port which you need to forward UDP 16000 for Voobly client in your router. so please delete the existing TCP 16000 port rule and you all set fine.

Thirdly, perform a system disk check and scan your computer to find the any bad hard drive sector errors were found:
  1. Go to Start menu > Run > type "cmd" > right-click on "Command Prompt" > run as administrator > type in "CHKDSK" and press the [Enter] key.
  2. If any file system errors or bad hard drive sectors are detected - again type CHKDSK c:/r into CMD and press [Enter] key to attempt to repair them.
  3. Next, when you're prompted to schedule check disk for the next system restart type Y and press [Enter] key and restart your computer.
  4. Once the system restarts, disk check would automatically scan your whole computer for file system errors and bad hard drive sectors to fix.
Note: This will take around 10-20 min while on scanning. so, please sit back and be patience. ^

Last and final resort, perform a system [You must login to view link] - To determine whether any background programs are interfering with Voobly client or not.

I hope this will help, let's see. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
 COLOMBIANWINNER

Posted 19 January 2017 - 2:40 am
It happens just the same to me. My pc is not old at all and I just intstalled win 10 from zero and shouldn't have a virus. But when I oppen my voobly it works ok, then when I open a lobby it freezes!
Link | Reply | Quote
 King_GooSeTavo

Posted 19 January 2017 - 4:30 am
I tried everything from this fórum and nothing worked. I coulp play perfectly Aoc in this computer before the upgrade to Windows 10. Now I dunno why it doesn't work. It still freezes, help please!

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 25 out of 25 posts