Running Voobly through Wine on Mac, almost working

Cookies22

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:39 am
Hi,

So given I'm running a recent macbook pro retina, with OSX10.11.6 El Capitan. I have a plenty of experience installing games and running them through wine.

Given aoc is basically my favourite game of all time, i thought it would be interesting to get it working on wine in mac osx.

I've exhaustively been through the installation procedures etc and have both aoc 1.4rc and voobly both working flawlessly by themselves within the wrapper. The game diagnostics show no problems (pasted at the bottom of post).

However if I wish to host a game in voobly, at the end of the countdown nothing happens, it must be trying to launch the aoc exe but can't.

Has anyone else done this, if so could they give me any ideas?

Cookies22

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 230400 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Age2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [EMNSL]Nibze

Posted 29 December 2016 - 1:44 pm
great work man, been doing the exact same as you recently.

However, I've gone through the AOE HD compatibility route (Still no luck on Voobly, HD multiplayer works well).

Where did you download the AOC game files from?

Thanks,
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 1 January 2017 - 10:42 pm
see topics here: http://www.voobly.com/forum/view/501
http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/1274/
they may or not be of help

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts