Port Forwarding don't work so ?

dindi_

Posted 26 January 2017 - 6:44 pm
Hello there.

Wanted to ask if anyone have any other solution except port forwarding to fix huge number of players having bad connection to me ( fp ).

Why not port forward ? Because my isp service won't open port for me I alerady called them lot of times and tell them that that's my right to do it but no they simply don't do that it's impossible.

So my question is if there is any other solution at least decreasing this number of FP ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:40 pm
hi
so you are behind the isp internal servers? ask for a static ip for your pc.
top of a lobby, options, do the network diagnostic test a few times. see if there is a range of ports that come up regularly. you can then map those ports to port 16000udp.
Link | Reply | Quote
 dindi_

Posted 27 January 2017 - 5:57 pm
hi kitt thanks for ur reply

whenever I do Network Diagnostic i always get this [You must login to view link] and I understand that says u should port forward but my internet service won't open port 16000 for me on Modem because im using wirless and modem so I can connect the Wirless but not Modem I tried finding my modem password but it's not possible.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 27 January 2017 - 6:12 pm
hi
are we talking dsl to the modem or cable or wireless from a dish aerial? whats the modem or router make and model number?
Link | Reply | Quote
 dindi_

Posted 27 January 2017 - 6:34 pm
I'm using a wirless called TP-LINK > [You must login to view link]
That wirless is connect to Modem
"Scientific Atlanta"
Modem NO: 210212230
Model EPC2203
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 27 January 2017 - 6:52 pm
hi
the Scientific Atlanta is just a cable modem i think. [[You must login to view link] ] so you shouldnt need access.
its the TP link you need to set up.
this is a "how to". just follow what it says but set up only ort 16000udp only [at step 4 choose aoc and follow the set up for 47624 but use 16000udp]
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 dindi_

Posted 27 January 2017 - 6:59 pm
hi
But I can do that and I did [You must login to view link] ?
But it still says when i run Network Diagnostic that I should port forward
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:12 am
hi
as far as i can see the atlanta has no routing features. [[You must login to view link]][atlanta passwords]
the tp link appears to be a modem and router combined. check what connection type it has :ppoe, bridge,static ip etc usually on a drop down on the router set up page. can you also see your isp user name and password?
try
turn the power off to the three devices. [modem,router,pc] turn the atlanta on and wait till its settled. now the TP, then the pc. try
talk to the isp and ask if the atlanta is remotely accessible by them, if so you want it in bridge mode, assuming it can. the TP needs to be in ppoe mode i think.
the diagrams for this model show a pc directly connected to the atlanta, no routers.
you can try connecting your pc directly to the modem.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts