1.4Userpatch Utilitys we still don't have

_Skorpion_

Posted 6 February 2017 - 3:00 am
so for the past 2-3 years we could have been making maps with much easier of a time and less hassle with those extra features and effects. I'm very upset. I hope 1.5 gives us everything 1.4 was suppose to have.. along with teleport and the new stuff.. I wont be happy without all the tools. I make multi-player RPG's, and they are hard enough to make with the tools we use.. It would be nice to have the extra effects and features in editor that 1.4 and 1.5 talk about. Please voobly. Help us.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Barsta

Posted 6 February 2017 - 9:27 pm
What do you really expect. There are more important things they need to do, such as making sure fun is as hard as possible to achieve!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]Tocaraca

Posted 9 February 2017 - 1:20 am
1.4 doesn't need to be tested! I've used it many times in Voobly before and everything was fine, even on standard multiplayer games. The standard multiplayer games seem unaffected by transition from 1.4RC to 1.4, however there are tons more scenario features.
Also does anyone know how I add a civilization to my mod so it can actually be played in multiplayer games? It only works on singleplayer :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 9 February 2017 - 7:58 am
You can still start making your project in 1.4 as 1.5 will have all the features of 1.4 when it is released to public. The reason why the 1.4 is not the default patch now is because of mayhem in Voobly Staff related to late 2015 and early 2016 and when the topic was brought up again late 2016 it was said to better just wait a bit further until a new version of UserPatch is released. By upgrading to 1.4 for roughly 6 months only it has little value to the whole community as it creates compability issues in various occasions. This is why Voobly Staff have decided to wait for now. As a reminder, 1.4 is still playable in any game room on Voobly, people just have to change the Patch settings on their own, it can be repetative, but maybe worth it if really needed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 iPhone

Posted 11 February 2017 - 7:55 pm
Hi :)
1.5 will have all the features that are in 1.0c and 1.4(1.4RC).
So all scenarios will not be broken on 1.5!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Promi

Edited 11 February 2017 - 8:04 pm by Promi
"I hope 1.5 come with the stuff it is suppose to "

-

Of course it does, 1.4 and every other version did too. That Voobly chose not to use the most up to date one has nothing to do with it.

______

"so for the past 2-3 years we could have been making maps with much easier of a time and less hassle with those extra features and effects. I'm very upset."

-

Wow, just wow. 'You're working for free to add new features for us, i'm very upset.'

______

I don't like to make comments like this but the second quote is so... :'
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 11 February 2017 - 9:06 pm
He isnt getting paid to make scenarios either, yet youre upset now. Isnt that ironic?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:13 am
Promi wrote:
"I hope 1.5 come with the stuff it is suppose to "

-

Of course it does, 1.4 and every other version did too. That Voobly chose not to use the most up to date one has nothing to do with it.

______

"so for the past 2-3 years we could have been making maps with much easier of a time and less hassle with those extra features and effects. I'm very upset."

-

Wow, just wow. 'You're working for free to add new features for us, i'm very upset.'

______

I don't like to make comments like this but the second quote is so... :'

People are upset, because Voobly never updated to the full available version of UserPatch. I do not see how the UserPatch team can be hold responsible for any of this. It is not your fault that the players were not given comfortable access (making it into a default patch) to the final release of 1.4. A content creator who edits scenarios does not get paid either, just like KoolSavas said, why rock his boat when he is just like you, a content creator.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Promi

Edited 12 February 2017 - 5:44 pm by Promi
He isnt getting paid to make scenarios either, yet youre upset now. Isnt that ironic?

There is a big difference between someone complaining about not being delivered free features earlier and someone saying the first person is ungrateful.

Edit: I just realized he could have been talking about Voobly 'withholding' 1.4 features, i assumed he was talking about UP 1.5 development not being quick enough for his tastes. In case my assumption was wrong i will of course take back what i said.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]Tocaraca

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:07 am
Still. VOOBLY PLEASE UPDATE THE DEFAULT VERSION FROM 1.4RC TO 1.4 BECAUSE 1.4 HAS MORE FEATURES (it's not buggy either). Stupid Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 22 February 2017 - 2:48 pm
Still. VOOBLY PLEASE UPDATE THE DEFAULT VERSION FROM 1.4RC TO 1.4 BECAUSE 1.4 HAS MORE FEATURES (it's not buggy either). Stupid Voobly staff.

sorry but i had to fix your mistake
Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]Tocaraca

Posted 22 February 2017 - 6:44 pm
But xOmicron said he wouldn't make another UserPatch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Promi

Posted 24 February 2017 - 6:21 am
But xOmicron said he wouldn't make another UserPatch.
Yes that was the plan, but they changed their decision since then.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 28 out of 28 posts