[AOM:TT] Graphic card problem with docking station

[DoD]IAmBLiTz_

Posted 8 February 2017 - 4:54 pm
Hi guys, I'll try to keep this one short, ANY kind of help would be awesome!

I run Windows 10 on a Lenovo Y510P, two graphic cards (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M) and my game runs just fine, on my laptop.

98% of the time I use a second monitor. Connecting the monitor to my laptop also represents no Problem to play the game either.

PROBLEM: I've been using a USB docking station (i-tec USB 3.0 docking station). Since then, my AOM seems to believe my graphics card is the docking station and not my normal graphic cards. Launching the game causes following message to show:

"This graphics card is not supported by Age of Mythology. Please check [You must login to view link] for a full list of supported graphics cards. Age of Mythology will now exit.

Video Card 0 doesn't have device id or vendor id, and <d3d10warp.dll> isn't in look-up file"

Any idea how I can configure it so it works? I believe I could add a file in the gfxconfig and let my game know it is a supported graphics card?

The weirdest part is, with the monitor through the docking station it won't work. Using my monitor through the regular HDMI entry and everything else through the docking station as usual (mouse, keyboard, etc.) it works. I'd just need to tell my computer to not use the docking station, just maybe. Maybe i'm wrong and someone knows how to fix it :D

If any screenshots or more information is needed, i'll gladly provide it!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]IAmBLiTz_

Posted 11 February 2017 - 6:18 pm
no one? :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CUD]MaStErIsCU

Posted 29 September 2018 - 1:13 am
Você conseguiu a solução? estou com mesmo problema!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 29 September 2018 - 3:44 am
hi
so the on-board intel video is turned off and your using the m/board pci card?
does the d/station have any kind of software install? if so uninstall and disconnect it. if no s/ware delete it from device manager [and disconnect].
reboot and then see if all is ok. then try using it again from a different usb port.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts