AOC Crashes Upon Game Launch

Mr_Bump

Posted 26 February 2017 - 3:17 am
Hi all,

Today I have been unable to play or spectate games on Voobly, specifically in the MS lobby.

When attempting to launch a game which I was hosting my computer screen goes completely black and I am kicked back into the game room with a message saying Age of Empires 2 has stopped responding, and results in the following:

http://www.voobly.com/match/view/15271861

I have also tried spectating games and again the game appears to launch but again, I am kicked back into the game room with a messaging saying Age of Empires 2 has stopped responding.

What I have tried so far:

[*] Restarting Voobly and my PC
[*] Performing a system restore to my previous graphics drivers and previous windows update
[*] Launching the game in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode
[*] Enabling 32-bit colour with hardware acceleration disabled

I think it is also worth noting that I have initially installed Age of Empires 2 using the discs rather than the Steam version. I am also unable to launch single player games even when launching AOC directly and not through voobly.

I have not yet tried a clean install of Voobly but was hoping to avoid doing so as I believe this would mean I would lose all recorded games and custom maps?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Geoffrey
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 26 February 2017 - 3:30 am by kitt
hi
it may be your graphic settings are to high, black screen would point to that. a setting your monitor cannt support.
Quote:
I have not yet tried a clean install of Voobly but was hoping to avoid doing so as I believe this would mean I would lose all recorded games and custom maps?
no you wouldnt,they are in a game folder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Mr_Bump

Posted 26 February 2017 - 3:37 am
Hi Kitt,

thank you for the response. I have tried launching AOC from the single player menu and in the options have selected under the graphics detail settings 'low' and am still unable to launch a single player game.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Posted 26 February 2017 - 6:31 pm
try this :
in the game room menu , click "game" and check "start at single player menu"
once you launch the game , go to options and set screen size (resolution) to 800*600 then close the game .
uncheck" start at single player menu " then click launch and see if the game starts
Link | Reply | Quote
 Mr_Bump

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:25 am
Hi Dedpool,

Unfortunately no luck at all when attempting to launch a game with 800*600 resolution. Would it be useful to provide my computer specs?

I was thinking about just trying a clean install of voobly and hoping that it solves this problem, that might be easier?

Thanks,

Geoffrey
Link | Reply | Quote
 Mr_Bump

Posted 27 February 2017 - 1:11 pm
FIXED!

Thank you for all the suggestions, Sunny went through with the process of performing a clean installation of AOK and AOC and then we installed user patch 1.4RC and the game now runs better than before!

Thank you,

Geoffrey :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 February 2017 - 1:21 pm
[Thread closed];flowers

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts