Weird color issue

Jineapple

Edited 6 March 2017 - 12:27 am by Jineapple
Hi,

I just played my first game on voobly since a while ago and ran into a weird issue. Depending on where I was looking, the colors changed and looked more or less bright (see the difference in pictures attached). What makes this weird is that this does not only happen in-game, it's also the case if a take a screenshot from the game and scroll around that or shift parts around in paint. However, it does not happen with the HD edition or screenshots from that.

I got a new monitor, so that might possibly be part of the issue, but it also happens on my second monitor (which I used to play with before), both with the first monitor connected and disconnected. I've tried turning off rendering in 32-bit color but that didn't change anything.

One Monitor (ACER G247HYUsmidp) is connected with HDMI (also tried DVI, no diference), the other (LG FLATRON E2240) with DVI. My Graphics Card is a Raedon R9 290 and my Radeon Software Version is

Any ideas what could cause this?

Edit: Lowering the monitor resolution to 1920x1080 solves the issue. If there's nothing else to be done that's okay, but I would kinda like the bigger resolution, and not having to switch resolutions every time I play.
Attachments:
20170305_190604.jpg (file size: 14.76 MB)
20170305_190616.jpg (file size: 12.61 MB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 6 March 2017 - 12:28 am
Hi,

Try this: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/254145/:1185291#post1185291
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Edited 6 March 2017 - 12:07 pm by Jineapple
I've tried changing basically every setting of the monitor but it doesn't seem to fix the issue, only lowering the resolution helps. I've noticed that in-game this happens most often if there are larger black areas from the edge of the map or unexplored territory visible. It seems to be some kind of contrast/color correction.

Edit: In some spots, even toggling the monitor menu or having another window on the screen can make it turn green, so definitely seems to be a monitor issue
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 6 March 2017 - 12:36 pm
Change the Display settings of your Graphics card for AoC. If that is not possible then make a new sample colour profile that you can quick-select when launching AoC. It is also possible that the new monitor Drivers are overriding the Application Settings for Colour Enhancement.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts