Port forwarding

oversetmesh

Edited 27 March 2017 - 6:57 pm by oversetmesh
I am trying to forward a port with the following specifications (see attachment, too):
  • Starting port: 16000
  • Ending port: 16000
  • IP: 198.162.1.50
  • Protocol: UDP

The same IP is DMZ'ed (yes, attached 8)).
I turned off both router and computer firewalls. Antivirus is also off.
Code:
ipconfig \all
shows that
Code:
DHCP Enabled No
so the IP is static (see attachment).

Result of network scan is always the same:
Quote:
Test Result: Not Forwarded
Network Health: Warnings found but probably OK
Recommended Action: if you experience networking problems such fast proxy then port forwarding is recommended. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Details: You were able to receive traffic on the same port from all the servers, however, you were not able to receive data on the port configured in the Voobly client settings. It is recommended you forward this port in your router to the PC you use to play.

Obviously something is missing. Where is the problem?

Attachments:
ipconfig.png (file size: 36.6 KB)
router.png (file size: 30.06 KB)
dmz.png (file size: 19.25 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:38 pm
hi
this is "how to" for that router: [You must login to view link]
dhcp on the router can be on. reserve the port in the dhcp: http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/134
turn off DMZ and UPnP. apply/save. the router f/wall should not affect this, turn it back on. set the game/voobly to pass thro' the pc f/wall. make sure you only have one f/wall operating on the pc. [some AV'S have a f/wall]
you can use the free app here to see if the port is open: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 oversetmesh

Posted 28 March 2017 - 4:18 pm
Still I don't see the problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:26 pm
hi
so what is happening? what does the network diagnostic show?[top of a lobby, options]
turning off AV is not always effective, you need to stop it loading or use "game mode" if it has it. what pc firewall are you using?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts