Multiples FP's

alej0

Posted 31 March 2017 - 7:46 am
Greetings Community of Voobly,
Recently i have been experiencing a FP problem with the majority of the players in this game server, i have been doing some research about my problem but i still can solve my problem.

This is the Network Diagnostic of my voobly
You must login into Voobly to view image

As you can see i got symmetric NAT

I was trying to follow step by step this post here: [You must login to view link]

But i have got a problem right here:

You must login into Voobly to view image

I don't have the user and password, i tried a lot of suggestions about Default user and pass, but i didn't have a solution.

I think or guess i won't have permission to access the router configuration, cause of this the router admin. give it a user and pass different from default.

It could be helpful this information: To access internet i gotta join by a page that automatically opens when i join the wifi network, there i have to enter user and pass to have access.

I hope i can solve my problem.
Thank you.
alej0
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 31 March 2017 - 9:51 am
alej0 wrote:
It could be helpful this information: To access internet i gotta join by a page that automatically opens when i join the wifi network, there i have to enter user and pass to have access.

That just implies you don't have an 'always on' connection and instead requires you to dial in or establish authentication before being able to connect to the internet. This however, is irrelevant to your primary issue.

The first thing you need to do is to call your ISP and have them provide you with the routers username and password. It is not uncommon for a lot of ISPs to change passwords to your router as an extra step of security or simply to prevent you from accidentally changing/ resetting the settings. If and when you have access to your router, you will need to port forward your voobly NAT port to your computers private IP. If you are contacting them to get the logins to your router, you might as well have them open the port for you.

Looking at your attached screenshot, it is also likely that you have a combination of modem + router with NAT enabled on both the devices. If that be the case, you will need to setup DMZ on your modem to open all ports to your router and then have the router open your NAT port as explained above.

Note: Voobly has a live help system where you can seek assistance for such issues. You can therefore choose to hit the live help desk after you have obtained the logins to your router and/or modem from your ISP.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:21 pm
Quote:
Open a web browser and navigate to [You must login to view link] using the default username admin and password pfsense to login. The first visit to the WebGUI will be redirected to the setup wizard, which is also accessible at System
may or not work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 alej0

Edited 31 March 2017 - 5:19 pm by alej0
kitt wrote:
may or not work.
Hi kitt,
What exaclty means " The first visit to the WebGUI will be redirected to the setup wizard, which is also accessible at System"????

It worked with [You must login to view link]
It didn't work with [You must login to view link]

I tried using the default username and password, but no solution, it's impossible asking for username and password router.

Couldn't be another way to obtain it?

Thank you
alej0.
Link | Reply | Quote
 alej0

Edited 31 March 2017 - 5:22 pm by alej0
+sunny@voobly wrote:
That just implies you don't have an 'always on' connection and instead requires you to dial in or establish authentication before being able to connect to the internet. This however, is irrelevant to your primary issue.

The first thing you need to do is to call your ISP and have them provide you with the routers username and password. It is not uncommon for a lot of ISPs to change passwords to your router as an extra step of security or simply to prevent you from accidentally changing/ resetting the settings. If and when you have access to your router, you will need to port forward your voobly NAT port to your computers private IP. If you are contacting them to get the logins to your router, you might as well have them open the port for you.

Looking at your attached screenshot, it is also likely that you have a combination of modem + router with NAT enabled on both the devices. If that be the case, you will need to setup DMZ on your modem to open all ports to your router and then have the router open your NAT port as explained above.

Note: Voobly has a live help system where you can seek assistance for such issues. You can therefore choose to hit the live help desk after you have obtained the logins to your router and/or modem from your ISP.
Hi, i can't have it because of this is a Network University.
Is there another solution?
Thank you
alej0
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 31 March 2017 - 6:37 pm
Quote:
The first visit to the WebGUI will be redirected to the setup wizard, which is also accessible at System"????
when you 1st set up the wizard takes you thro' connection settings etc. so your at uni and their set up? if so you would need help from them to get a good connection i think.
Link | Reply | Quote
 alej0

Posted 31 March 2017 - 8:17 pm
kitt wrote:
when you 1st set up the wizard takes you thro' connection settings etc. so your at uni and their set up? if so you would need help from them to get a good connection i think.

I'm not understanding.....
Thank you
alej0
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 20 April 2017 - 2:13 am
hi
the university would need to allow you to play/get ports forwarded.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts