issuie with game opening

MOULZY

Edited 2 April 2017 - 8:02 am by MOULZY
hey guys! my names Josh Moules and i have a strange issue stoping me from playing on voobly.
i have gone to the Voobly help Room and spent an hour or so with a kind gentlmen who tryed his best to help me but in the end we didnt get anywere and he suggested i posted on here.

my issue im having is when i launch a game i get to the setting up "multiplayer game screen" the game freezes and if i check task manager it says it has stopped responding. if i check run as single player it works fine, i have just bought a new pc and am trying to get it to work on the new pc for the first time so i havent actualy had the game working on voobly on this pc yet. [You must login to view link] thats a pic if any1 is interested.

now, i have tryed each of these steps multipule times each so far
- re installed the game
- fresh install of voobly
- re installed the patches
- re installed the compatibility patch for HD
- tryed changing settings in game menu
- tryed changing res to 800x600

i should note i have tryed with the HD patch and also with the origonal game aswell.

these are the game menu settings i use [You must login to view link]

i have tryed the things in this forum post from calvins post http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/248198

im realy out of ideas and im hoping someone from the community might have a fix or have experianced this aswell!

if any1 is interested my pc specs -

i7 7700k cpu
16gb of DDR4 ram
gtx 980ti GPU
m.2 ssd evo 960
ASUS maximus hero ix motherboard

thank you for reading guys and sorry for any bad grammer/spelling im not great at it!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 3 April 2017 - 2:21 pm by +eric@voobly
Additional steps tried and failed:

1. Uninstalled Firewall and Malwarebytes
2. Added exception to Voobly and AOC in windows firewall
3. Set port forwarding in technicolor router
4. Disabled UPNP and lowered firewall settings on router
5. Enabled network discovery for public networks and disabled IPv6 from WAN adapter
6. Disabled NAT and Anticheat and also tested with 1.0c

He is able to join other game rooms but unable to host one of his own. Single player mode works fine as well.

Steam game version and game diagnostics are fine.

Startup settings are fine
Both Voobly and AOC are being launched as an admin

Other suggestions if any are welcome.

Edit: Tick [You must login to view link] option, see if it runs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MOULZY

Posted 3 April 2017 - 3:54 pm
i gave that option a go, but it still didnt work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MOULZY

Edited 8 April 2017 - 5:40 pm by MOULZY
bump!

edit: im sure it must be some kind of connection issue, because after a game when its the defeat/victory screen and you can check around the map to check everything, as soon as my opponent leaves the game instantly crashes
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 10 April 2017 - 1:17 pm
MOULZY wrote:
bump!

edit: im sure it must be some kind of connection issue, because after a game when its the defeat/victory screen and you can check around the map to check everything, as soon as my opponent leaves the game instantly crashes

1. Make sure you are using window mode and next time hit the 'resume lobby' button after your game starts.

2. Close all other Voobly lobbies except the one you are playing in.

3. Do not click on the users nick after he has quit the room. This can cause Voobly to crash in some cases if the user has logged out of Voobly and is offline (quite likely after your game).

4. While playing on Voobly, close all other applications including web browsers and any other resource intensive apps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MOULZY

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:10 pm
ill give it a shot and let you know how it goes
Link | Reply | Quote
 MOULZY

Edited 14 April 2017 - 9:54 am by MOULZY
+sunny@voobly wrote:
1. Make sure you are using window mode and next time hit the 'resume lobby' button after your game starts.

2. Close all other Voobly lobbies except the one you are playing in.

3. Do not click on the users nick after he has quit the room. This can cause Voobly to crash in some cases if the user has logged out of Voobly and is offline (quite likely after your game).

4. While playing on Voobly, close all other applications including web browsers and any other resource intensive apps.

no good sir, this is also realy annoying because when people quit insted of resigning i dont get the points for winning because it sayes game not finished
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:42 am
MOULZY wrote:
no good sir, this is also realy annoying because when people quit insted of resigning i dont get the points for winning because it sayes game not finished

Okay that may be the case for 1v1 games however, the idea out here was to check if your games were still crashing as you stated above.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MOULZY

Edited 18 April 2017 - 10:15 am by MOULZY
yeah the game still crashes unless some other player is hosting

-edit: is there a way i can get the game on a diffrent port on my router or somthing if that makes sence, would it maybe change anything?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts