Windows Shell Common Dll

___ZIK___

Posted 3 May 2017 - 1:07 pm
Hi there, i found this in the x86 game folder under the age2.exe and its in aok as well. Is this normal because I cant remember seeing it before. AGE2_X1.ICD is opened by shell. What ive noticed is I cant watch recorded games from conquerors on my desktop any more but have to use voobly to launch recorded games. Im also getting a bit of lag, theres no fp, ports are open, pings are good 200 to 300 mainly. original cd installation, i7 proccessor, computer is new. Tried a lot of troubleshooting nothing seems to work, looked at a lot of similar issues on the forum and tried to apply those fixes and havent been successful. Im having the same prob on 2 computers both relatively new, if you can suggest something that would be great

Thanks

Zik
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 4 May 2017 - 12:24 pm
You should probably consider reinstalling the game again from the original installers. If you are using a pirated copy of the game, now might be a good time to buy a legit copy or get a downloadable version from Steam.

Before you install run a malware scan (I would recommend Malwarebytes) and a virus scan from your antivirus app just to be sure.

Please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the game:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1019+Clean+installation+of+Age+of+Empires+II+with+the+latest+patches

As long as you are not using any data mod in a game, you should be able to view the recording offline. Just make sure you do use the correct patch. If you are still unable to view game recordings (after a fresh reinstall as outlined in the article listed above), do let us know the error message you receive when trying to start the recording offline.

I will address your lag concerns in your other thread.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ___ZIK___

Posted 4 May 2017 - 1:39 pm
Hi there thanks for the reply. My cd is original but over 12 years old good condition do you recommend I get steam version? Maybe lag is related some how.

Many thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 5 May 2017 - 1:52 pm
The lag is most likely caused by your blocked NAT port. Since you already have an open thread about it which is actively being responded to, I will close this thread to avoid unnecessary confusion.

P.S: There is no need for the steam version if you are able to install the game from your original CD. Follow the clean install guide I listed above (after you have run a malware and virus scan).

Good Luck

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts