What am I doing wrong with Port?

___ZIK___

Posted 4 May 2017 - 10:45 am
Experiencing lag...... Diag test here. Sometimes it comes up as 16000....

Received data from 'server 3' through port 55026 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 55026 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 1' through port 55026 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: Not Forwarded
Network Health: Warnings found but probably OK
Recommended Action: if you experience networking problems such fast proxy then port forwarding is recommended. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Details: You were able to receive traffic on the same port from all the servers, however, you were not able to receive data on the port configured in the Voobly client settings. It is recommended you forward this port in your router to the PC you use to play.

This is what im getting on net diagnostics. I've forwarded the port 16000 UDP on my router through port triggering, im pretty sure the firewall setting for it are correct as well. Should I use other settings as well with port forwarding?

Never had to do this btw
Link | Reply | Quote
 ___ZIK___

Posted 4 May 2017 - 11:10 am
Also should I make direct play and age of empires 2 expansion settings UDP 16000 on firewall or just leave them? Voobly is 16000 UDP. On my resources monitor I see voobly.exe and age2_x1.exe as well coming up. Sometimes with 16000 and sometimes 17600.... This is why I have lag im pretty sure
Link | Reply | Quote
 ___ZIK___

Posted 4 May 2017 - 11:21 am
Also should I make direct play and age of empires 2 expansion settings UDP 16000 on firewall or just leave them? Voobly is 16000 UDP. On my resources monitor I see voobly.exe and age2_x1.exe as well coming up. Sometimes with 16000 and sometimes 17600.... This is why I have lag im pretty sure
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 4 May 2017 - 12:33 pm by +sunny@voobly
The only port you need to play NAT based games on Voobly (such as AOC) is UDP 16000. If this NAT port (or whatever you are using on Voobly) is blocked or closed, Voobly will auto divert all of your game traffic via its own proxy servers. We refer to these as fast proxy (FP) and slow proxy (SP).

In your case, it seems that your NAT port is either closed or another application (aka a firewall/ antivirus) is blocking access to it.

Try the following:

1. Change your Voobly NAT port to 16000 (Settings >> NAT Traversal)
2. Login to your router and set a port forwarding rule to forward all traffic on UDP 16000 to your computers IP

Note: If you are unsure how to do this, feel free to step in to our Live chat and we would be happy to walk you through it.

3. Ensure that Universal plug and play (UPNP) is disabled on your router as well as on Voobly (Settings >> Universal Plug and Play)
4. Set an exception for Voobly and AOC in your firewall and antivirus applications.

Good luck
Link | Reply | Quote
 ___ZIK___

Posted 4 May 2017 - 1:51 pm
Hi,

I did all that already still same issue. I should only change udp on related programs to 16000 udp on firewall is that correct (because I also changed the TCP for related programes to 16000 on firewall as well, could that be the reason its not working?) and i did for direct play as well udp and tcp on firewall. Is that how i messed it up?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 4 May 2017 - 3:12 pm by kitt
hi
you have been playing for a while, whats changed lately?
its also possible you are behing the isp servers, do not have a direct connection to the net.
the router firewall can be ignored. its the pc firewal/AV that needs to allow voobly/game [as said above.] i dont thing any port needs setting for dx etc.
d/load this free app: [You must login to view link]
and check the port is open.
check you have the correct private ip set in the router port forward or virtual server page. [its not normally done on port triggering but not all routers are the same.]
search cmd. on the black window type, ipconfig/all [step1: http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/134]
Link | Reply | Quote
 ___ZIK___

Posted 4 May 2017 - 3:15 pm
Hi Kitt,

Yeah I tried the utility before, wants me to pay 39$ to open the port though, I tried the app that tests for 16000 and it came up blocked, ive tried it before and it said open though. If paying 39$ solves it ill do it because im fed up, or if u want to access help desk and have a look at everything related to voobly and aoc ill buy a membership with that money. Better spend it here than on another site
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Edited 4 May 2017 - 11:32 pm by kitt
we have set port forwarding and your port was open soo what utility are talking about
edit
the test part is free.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts