Game Crashing

moodymoose

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:25 pm
Hello,

I've just transferred over from AOE 2 HD to voobly with the compatability patch
I'd say about a third of the time, the game crashes just before castle age and my computer crashes with it
Im running it on windows 10. I don't feel the computer isn't up to scratch spec wise, as I'm always one of the first to load the game
Any ideas would be appreciated
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 May 2017 - 9:45 pm
If your system crashes every time this happens then you should definitely consider reinstalling the game again. Presuming that you purchased the game from Steam, please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the game:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

Side Notes:
Have you tried checking for dumps/ logs when your system crashes? Are there any error messages when it does? Are you certain it only happens when playing aoc on Voobly?

P.S: Make sure you have an up to date antivirus and antimalware program and scan your system thoroughly just to rule out any possible malware infestation.
Link | Reply | Quote
 moodymoose

Posted 3 June 2017 - 12:54 am
Ive tried the clean installation, and check my computer for malware
Still nothing
Havent checked dump logs, unsure how
It never happens on steam when I play
Could it be due to the mods I have downloaded?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 3 June 2017 - 12:39 pm by +sunny@voobly
Can you illustrate the crash process. Explain what exactly happens. Does your computer abruptly shutdown, or do you get a BSOD (Blue screen of death). In case of BSOD, you should get a clear error code outlining where the problem possibly could be.

Take a picture/ screenshot next time if possible so we know what we are dealing with.

Is your windows up to date? Voobly and Aoc uses directx extensively. To ensure you have the latest DX patches, your system needs to be up to date. Check for pending windows updates (if any). Also make sure you are running the game in window mode. Your game room settings must be like this:
[You must login to view link]
You can verify this by hosting a game room in any lobby

Also uninstall all mods to make sure they are not causing the crash. Steam mods would either way not work on Voobly. Uninstall mods that you installed on Voobly too. If you are able to survive the crash, try installing your mods back (one by one) this will help you to find out if a particular mod is the cause of your crash.
Link | Reply | Quote
 moodymoose

Posted 4 June 2017 - 7:35 am
The game freezes, then after about 10 seconds I get the BSOD
It shows the unhappy face with "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collectin some erro info, and then we'll restart for you"
Lower down by a QR code it says. "For more information about this issues andpossible fixes visit [You must login to view link]"
the stop code being "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION"

My computer tells me I'm up to date
I was already running my game in window mode

I will now try taking away the mods, but small trees mode makes the game so much better!!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts