offline patch selection screen pops up everytime

[dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 4 June 2017 - 9:09 pm
Hey. I have a weird issue and already talked to two in the support lobby but they couldnt quite help me so they asked me to post my issue here.

The issue first occured 2 days ago after I had been playing a couple of matches in the CS lobby just fine but then I suddenly could not join the games anymore.

Everytime I tried to join the game, the offline patch selection screen came up. When I choose 1.4RC the game would start, show me the "Setting up multiplayer game" screen and thats it. So I couldnt join. When I close the window, the game will just start in singleplayer mode and I end up in the singleplayer menu.

When I try to spectate games, the offline patch selection screen comes up as well but when I choose 1.4RC here, I can still spectate the game but without any mods voobly provides. So mods like the Advanced Statistics or the Spectator Overlay would not work. Its as if I watch the recorded game offline.

1) first I tried to reinstall voobly which didnt solve my problem.
2) Then I deleted the game exe, ran game diagnostics so voobly would provide me a clean exe. But that didnt solve my problem either.
3) After that I checked my Antivirus program cause I had the feeling it just wouldnt let me connect properly but everything looks fine there as well.
4) One of the tech support guys found out that when I remove NAT and Anti cheat in the game room settings, the problem would disappear so he thought my installation would be corrupt and suggested a clean reinstallation of the game which I did. But that didnt solve me problem either.
5) Another person I asked said he had the same problem in march and it just disappeared after 3 weeks but I would rather not just wait and hope that it just disappears after a while.

Any idea?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 5 June 2017 - 1:53 am
hi
when you get to the single menu, does the game run ok?
try removing all mods and then see
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 5 June 2017 - 1:31 pm
Yes the game runs completly fine in singleplayer. Removing all mods doesnt solve the problem :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 5 June 2017 - 2:39 pm
hi
try this:
Quote:
1. Go to this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aoc
2. There you can see age2_x1.exe (blue helmet) file: Right-click and select properties and navigate to Compatibility tab and select Run this program as administrator and Apply, OK.
3. Once you done, restart your Voobly client and try play your game.
+Cavin
Link | Reply | Quote
 Destroy_

Edited 5 June 2017 - 6:33 pm by Destroy_
I already suggested him every solution that I found on forums. We also tried Cavin's solution but it didn't seem to work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 5 June 2017 - 6:35 pm
yea that doesnt work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 5 June 2017 - 11:37 pm
hi
ok
was worth a shot.
uninstall the 1.4 patch. reboot the pc. return to the game lobby and voobly should reinstall it:
http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/114/14-RC
or
you can manually install the patch:[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 6 June 2017 - 12:45 am
I already tried reinstalling voobly completly (deleted the remaining folder after uninstalling it) which includes the patch (see first post). Didnt work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 June 2017 - 2:54 am
hi
yes i saw but it doesnt include patch i think.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 June 2017 - 10:56 am
The problem is not with Voobly or the patch. Its a permission issue. Voobly is not being granted the permission to autostart your aoc exe with the startup parameters (1.4rc patch). Your security application (Kaspersky) is likely the culprit.

Is there a particular reason why you cannot reinstall kaspersky again? You should not have to pay 35 bucks for reinstalling a software that you have a valid license for.

Please consider reinstalling Kaspersky, I am quite positive that should fix your problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 6 June 2017 - 1:15 pm
Okay so for some odd reason its working again.

I was about to try what you suggested, so I removed my active Kaspersky license and then launched the game. It worked! Then I entered my activation code again (I had trouble finding that, thats why I didnt want to uninstall it) and it still worked! No reinstalling necessary.

Thank you everyone for your time. I dont quite know where the issue was but at least its working again for now :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 6 June 2017 - 2:04 pm
hi
great.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts