Voobly crash my connection

WildBandana

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:07 pm
As above. Every time a game start I get problems connecting to the opponents (the error logs say: Error peer check) and my connection crash completely. I need to turn off and turn on my router otherwise I'm unable not only to use Voobly anymore but even browse the web.

This is weird because I can spectate the match correctly.

Why this happens? And what "peer check" means? Is it possible that Voobly actually use p2p connection? Because my provider don't allow p2p.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Label2

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:16 am
Hi
1-Just unplugging your modem for 5 minutes or so changes your ip, so you dont need to download stuff Cool But I am assuming this problem is resolved.
2- check your fire wall it it is blocked .....
Link | Reply | Quote
 WildBandana

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:48 am
Firewall is open
I'm getting this problem from yesterday... I changed IP many times
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:27 pm
Hi,

This happens when you lose connection to the internet. Spectating games on Voobly is like watching a streaming video. This does not get impacted by momentary disconnections and if you lose connection for (lets say a minute), you can continue spectating once your connection resumes. On the contrary while gaming you need to have an active connection at all times. A drop in connection for longer than the keep alive time may result in you getting disconnected from Voobly even if your connection is back after a while.

Long story short, you either have a faulty modem/ router or there may be an issue with your service provider.

Good luck
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]Haileyy

Posted 1 July 2017 - 3:40 pm
I had this problem when playing over LAN with my brother! Every time we entered the lobby our entire internet connection went down. It ended up being some kind of weird NAT table voodoo causing the router to drop everything. We ended up buying a new router.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts