Computer abruptly freezes, hangs, crashes

10_01

Posted 9 July 2017 - 10:55 am
Hello good people of voobly

I ve been playing aoe here since 2 years or so i guess here. Never had a problem until a couple of months ago I shifted from my MSI Stealth to dell xps 15 4k laptop. Used to get a lot of "BSOD" errors whenever I played aoe. So i now am playing on a desktop, but again my computer just freeses randomely. I have to restart the computer everytime it happens. I dont get it really. Win 10 is uptodate, all patches are fine. Can someone assist me please its ruining my peace of mind.

Would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 9 July 2017 - 11:00 am
BSOD is a fatal error that your system has no clue how to handle and therefore results in a crash. While BSOD can be caused by a variety of reasons including application errors, memory issues, driver problem or even a hardware issue. Since it's a critical system error that your system has no clue how to handle, the only way out is to reboot your system.

But your next logical step should be to figure out what caused the problem. You can find this info from the minidump file that is created every time your system crashes.

The resolution steps would depend on the actual problem. Example: If its a hardware issue, replace the faulty hardware. If it's a driver issue, update the drivers etc.

Since this is a system issue, I would recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer or service centre for an authorised personnel to help you with it.

If the above is not possible (or atleast not without a hefty fee), then you could try some simple but effective steps as outlined below:

1. If this was the first time it happened, try to get rid of any recent untrusted apps that you may have downloaded.
2. Run a full system scan for viruses and malwares using a reputed security app. I would recommend malwarebytes along with Kaspersky (but you could use your preferred alternatives)
3. One of the easiest way to fix common problems could be a system restore (back to a date when your system was working fine)

Please keep in mind that you must not ignore BSOD errors as repeated crashes can only make matters worse.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 9 July 2017 - 1:24 pm
BSOD is a fatal error that your system has no clue how to handle and therefore results in a crash. While BSOD can be caused by a variety of reasons including application errors, memory issues, driver problem or even a hardware issue. Since it's a critical system error that your system has no clue how to handle, the only way out is to reboot your system.

But your next logical step should be to figure out what caused the problem. You can find this info from the minidump file that is created every time your system crashes.

The resolution steps would depend on the actual problem. Example: If its a hardware issue, replace the faulty hardware. If it's a driver issue, update the drivers etc.

Since this is a system issue, I would recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer or service centre for an authorised personnel to help you with it.

If the above is not possible (or atleast not without a hefty fee), then you could try some simple but effective steps as outlined below:

1. If this was the first time it happened, try to get rid of any recent untrusted apps that you may have downloaded.
2. Run a full system scan for viruses and malwares using a reputed security app. I would recommend malwarebytes along with Kaspersky (but you could use your preferred alternatives)
3. One of the easiest way to fix common problems could be a system restore (back to a date when your system was working fine)

Please keep in mind that you must not ignore BSOD errors as repeated crashes can only make matters worse.

http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/254044/:1184936#post1184936

You just copied my post from another thread without reading the OPs actual concern. rofl

Back to the OP....

When you say your game freezes, does it get stuck every few seconds or is it like random lags?

Have you tried playing the game offline? Do you still experience the lag out there?

What is your native display resolution?

Please ensure that your game room settings are exactly like this:
[You must login to view link]
You can verify this by hosting a game room in any lobby
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Edited 9 July 2017 - 4:33 pm by ____Kofahi____
sunny@voobly rofl thats correct rofl
I didn't want to write all of that so i copied that :)
Regards lead
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 9 July 2017 - 1:48 pm
10_01 follow sunny@voobly steps he is the Tech Anyway..
I tried to help :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 10_01

Posted 9 July 2017 - 2:47 pm
Thank you guys for ur help.

When you say your game freezes, does it get stuck every few seconds or is it like random lags?
Have you tried playing the game offline? Do you still experience the lag out there?

When i say it freezes, it freezes as in it becomes completely unuseable, hangs solid, only rebooting the computer helps. Sometimes it plays on, but it happens atleast once a day, while playing any game. On dell xps it was on 1080p / 1440p gtx 960 nvidia( 4k screen). On this desktop its tested on board as well as ati radeon cards/nvidia cards, but somehow its the same on all these configurations. To me its not system specific, it seems something maybe in win10 is the culprit, because of how extensive the problem looks across different paltforms.

I didnt much play offline, but might try it out.

I have copied all the click markers u have listed on the image and will get back to u if it still freezes or not.
Thank u very much. Cheers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 9 July 2017 - 2:55 pm
welcome dude :)
Also If you have another problem feel free to post here friend have a good time :)
Regards
Link | Reply | Quote
 10_01

Posted 9 July 2017 - 3:22 pm
Hi there

Just to confirm, the problem has not fixed. Actually this time it hung while i was still only 1 min in feudal age.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Edited 9 July 2017 - 4:14 pm by ____Kofahi____
Hi
Quote:
try this :
in the game room menu , click "game" and check "start at single player menu"
once you launch the game , go to options and set screen size (resolution) to 800*600 then close the game .
uncheck" start at single player menu " then click launch and see if the game starts and keeping well

If it doesn't work

So you need a clean installation of AOK and AOC and then install user patch 1.4RC and the game will be fixed
Link | Reply | Quote
 10_01

Posted 9 July 2017 - 9:23 pm
nop, didnt fix it. Very very frustrating
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:55 am
Can you re-explain your problem in a simplified way?
Link | Reply | Quote
 10_01

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:33 am
Fresh install of game, fresh drivers. No problem, until I am in game play, and it will hang. The computer will freeze to a stand still. Will have to manually reboot the computer to bring it back to life.

And I have tested on another laptop, and its the same.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Edited 10 July 2017 - 8:29 pm by ____Kofahi____
You tried to use another account? Or play in 600×800?
Link | Reply | Quote
 FlandersARG

Posted 10 July 2017 - 7:20 pm
10_01 wrote:
Fresh install of game, fresh drivers. No problem, until I am in game play, and it will hang. The computer will freeze to a stand still. Will have to manually reboot the computer to bring it back to life.

And I have tested on another laptop, and its the same.

Maybe change the resolution of the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]FLAW007

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:05 am
Faulting application name: age2_x1.exe, version: 0.7.25.614, time stamp: 0x39660360
Faulting module name: age2_x1.exe, version: 0.7.25.614, time stamp: 0x39660360
Exception code: 0xc0000096
Fault offset: 0x0000e412
Faulting process id: 0x408
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f9b97e3743c0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe
Report Id: 4024c938-15bc-4d9e-b8e3-1cdd2acf12fc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

does this makes any sense?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 18 posts