Computer abruptly freezes, hangs, crashes

____Kofahi____

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:42 am
Ok
Try to play the game offline on voobly... If it freezes so you have a problem with your game if it doesn't so you have a problem with connection to online
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 11 July 2017 - 7:30 pm
Windows 10 is probably not the culprit here. Thousands of players use win 10 (myself included) and it works flawlessly. For the extremely small percentage of clients having issues, the problem usually lies elsewhere and the OS gets blamed for no reason.

Back to your topic and concern...
There seems to be a problem with your game installer. Where did you buy this game from? Assuming that you are using a legitimate copy of the game, try reinstalling the game again. If this is not a legit version, please consider buying one.

Once you have ruled out the above your future course of action must be to narrow down the issue by trying to play the game offline (in case you haven't yet). If the game works offline and not on Voobly (less likely to be the cause), then I would request that you upload your Voobly logs (can be found in your Voobly installation folder) to this post. The log files are clearly marked as Voobly.txt, Voobly (1).txt and so on. This will help us check for the actual cause (i.e. ofcourse assuming that your game works offline and crashes on Voobly).

If the problem persists in your offline games as well, then you must consider performing a clean install of the game. Please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the game:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1019+Clean+installation+of+Age+of+Empires+II+with+the+latest+patches

In case you got the HD version, follow this guide:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 12 July 2017 - 1:08 am by kitt
hi
run the game completely off of voobly. if it doesnt run ok, uninstall the game, remove the folders from program files[86], reboot reinstall to C:program files[86]/microsoft games/

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 18 out of 18 posts