Computer Crashes when opening Game Lobby AoC

ShaharRyu

Posted 2 August 2017 - 11:02 pm
Upon trying to enter a game by screen turns black but doesnt load. I cant close the screen or change tabs. The only way to get out is by restarting my laptop. Yesterday I was having no issues and earlier today neither.

I use the HD version from steam with HD Hotkeys, Little wood and Real Farms mods.

Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C45-A
Windows 10
64 bit
Intel Core i5 2,60GHz
RAM 6GB (3,01 Available)

The only other game I have had this problem with is PAYDAY2 which i assume was because it was too much for my laptop to handle.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 3 August 2017 - 3:30 pm by kitt
hi
so you get this after a host has launched the game, not upon entering a game lobby?
does the game run ok completely off of voobly?
try lowering the screen resoluton to 800x800 and see. black screens can be a graphics issue.
if that doesnt help, try these recommended settings:
Link | Reply | Quote
 ShaharRyu

Posted 3 August 2017 - 9:12 pm
Hi, thank you for offering me assistance. Effectively, I get this black screen after the host launches the game, even if it is myself. About the HD version on Steam, although it took an unusually long time to enter the game it does run smoothly one the game has started.
I just did what you sugested in the pictures and now my problem has been reduced to simply a black screen which is much smaller than my screen so it can be closed and I can keep doing things while it is running. I suspect one of the mods I installed might have caused this so I will try uninstalling each of them to locate the issue and report it. If that doesnt solve the problem then idk what I am to do.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ShaharRyu

Posted 3 August 2017 - 9:46 pm
It seems the issues has been ressolved. The Real Farms Mod seems to have caused the problem. Apparently it was not compatible with my Steam Version of the game or either the HD Hotkeys Mod or the Small Trees Mod. Thank you for your help.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 4 August 2017 - 1:51 pm
hi
good news.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts