Hotkeys conflict

[ToK]x67_

Edited 2 September 2017 - 10:53 am by [ToK]x67_
Hi, I have been inactive for a while and after entering the hotkeys that I have always used seems that there is some kind of conflicts.

Case A;

I use this keys for building:
A - build barracks
S - build archery
D - build stable
K - build siegeshop
V - build castle

and this keys for going to buildings:
A - go to barracks
S - go to archery
D - go to stable
K - go to siegeshop
V - go to castle

And now with A and S I can both BUILD these buildings, if I have a villager selected, and GOING TO these buildings if I don't have a villager selected. But with stable, siegeshop and castle ( D, K & V ) I can only set them on build or on going. It doesn't let me have them on both sides.

Its weird since it works like a charm with barracks and archery but not with stable and siege shop.

Case B;

I always used this combination with "A" hotkey, because there are 3 different scenarios, and for 15 years it worked like a charm untill today:

I use "A" for going to barracks ( IF I DON'T HAVE VILL SELECTED )
... "A" for hide/gather << "guarecer" in spanish >> ( IF I HAVE A VILL SELECTED )
... "A" for building barracks ( IF I HAVE A VILL SELECTED & BUILDINGS PANELS ARE OPENED... either normal buildings or military buildings )

right now I can't use the "A" hotkey for these 3 cases... and it makes absolutely no sense at all as these 3 scenarios are so differenciated. "no vill selected / vill selected / buildings panels selected"

What can I do about that ? seems that it should be corrected from the voobly side.

Thanks in advance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 2 September 2017 - 12:57 pm
I recommend using [You must login to view link] as a hotkey editor. Create your hotkeys as you like them (You can have overlapping ones as well if you prefer). Make sure to select HD 5.0+ as the version (even for regular aoc). Download the file, rename it to player1.hki and paste it into your aoc installation folder. In case you haven't yet, start a game in single player once (In a game lobby, the option to start in single player is under the "game" menu of the top menu bar). Create a profile by entering your name, then the player1.hki file will be registered as your hotkeys.

I personally use overlapping hotkeys like this as well, and using this method have had no issues with them.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ToK]x67_

Posted 2 September 2017 - 3:10 pm
Jineapple wrote:
I recommend using [You must login to view link] as a hotkey editor. Create your hotkeys as you like them (You can have overlapping ones as well if you prefer). Make sure to select HD 5.0+ as the version (even for regular aoc). Download the file, rename it to player1.hki and paste it into your aoc installation folder. In case you haven't yet, start a game in single player once (In a game lobby, the option to start in single player is under the "game" menu of the top menu bar). Create a profile by entering your name, then the player1.hki file will be registered as your hotkeys.

I personally use overlapping hotkeys like this as well, and using this method have had no issues with them.

Thanks a lot, will try that ;3angel
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 5 September 2017 - 12:22 am
Add shift for building hotkey, make thumb key on your mouse for shift.

In your case, this would be:
A: Go to Barracks
ShiftA: build Barracks

I build (almost) everything with shift, in case more buildings, you need shift anyway...
If it's a thumb button on your mouse, you don't loose time with it...

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts