massive input lag

NoNonSense

Posted 27 September 2017 - 4:06 pm
Hey, i just started playing aoe 2 via voobly but ingame i got massive laggs and a very swammy mouse. My pc is very good and so is my internet connection. There is not such thing as disable vsyn in the game options or something like that. Could you please help me? :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CSC]Bieber

Edited 28 September 2017 - 4:52 pm by [CSC]Bieber
Hello welcome to Voobly make sure you look for people under 300ping (Green ping) you can check this by typing /ping in game room lobby and or you can see it in the load out settings when the game is launched.

As for you're mouse speed you can fix it inside the game it's self in the options tab by putting the scroll speed down or up.

Also make sure you're lobby settings look like this
You must login into Voobly to view image

If this doesn't fix you're lag let me know.
Link | Reply | Quote
 NoNonSense

Posted 28 September 2017 - 5:04 pm
it doesnt help :( its not the speed of the curser or something its really just very laggy. it the same when i play against KI. i cna play every single game out there without problem. my pc is kinda new and pretty high end. also i got a very good internet connection. the curser feels normal in the lobby and close before the game start. but the moment i see my town center and everyting it feels so incredible laggy (input lag) and the mouse is super swammy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CSC]Bieber

Edited 28 September 2017 - 7:45 pm by [CSC]Bieber
Hey NoNonSense, Sorry I am not able to assist you here. We will have to wait on more knowledgeable person.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 September 2017 - 8:09 pm
Hi there,

When you join a game room do you see a warning message and a yellow exclamation sign next to one or more players in your game room? If yes then you will need to open your NAT port on your router/modem to allow for a direct connection to be established with the other players in your game room.

Please run the network diagnostics and share the outcome with me. You will find this option in here:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 NoNonSense

Posted 29 September 2017 - 1:05 am
hm if that is the problem why is the problem still there when i play against the computer? (KI) And no all are green or light green
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 September 2017 - 1:50 am
+eric@voobly wrote:
(For overall improved and smoother gameplay)
Link | Reply | Quote
 NoNonSense

Posted 29 September 2017 - 2:15 am
ok ty will try that but its not some minor performance issue or something. it feels like 10 fps and is basically unplayable.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 29 September 2017 - 1:09 pm by +sunny@voobly
Since you are a new gamer, I must add that your online games will never be as fast as your offline games (for obvious reasons). That said the difference in speed isn't as much noticeable once you get used to it.

Please ensure that your game room settings are exactly like this:
[You must login to view link]
You can verify this by hosting a game room in any lobby

Close all other applications and windows except for Voobly and AOC (including apps running in the background). Also try playing the game at a lower resolution to see if it makes a difference.

If you are using any data or visual mods, disable all of them. If it works, activate them one by one to find out which one is causing the problem.

Finally if nothing works, perform a clean installation of the game. Please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the game:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1019+Clean+installation+of+Age+of+Empires+II+with+the+latest+patches
Link | Reply | Quote
 NoNonSense

Posted 30 September 2017 - 8:19 pm
hm, im not a new gamer at all. i mostly play online multiplayer. im just kinda new to aoe2. My main game is LoL which I play at a kinda high level and i played aoe2 via steam in the last week a lost and i know how a game needs to feel. But when my mouse curser moves 2 sec after i move my mouse and everything is super laggy there is something heavily wrong. i tried these settings and different ones that othes recommended me but none of that works. i installed it a few times already following all the steps the voobly site tells me but it just wont work. i probably just continue playing this game on steam since there is not really a support for voobly at all. the moderator room where i supposed to get help is always emty. Thank you for your help anyways and good luck in your games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 September 2017 - 9:49 pm
I am familiar with your issue and trust me I have the exact same problem (only mine is the other way around). I have the stuttering issue on Steam.

You could try lowering the graphic settings in your game. Also disable hardware acceleration in your Voobly game room.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts