Port Forwarding not working on TP Link router

['NZ']N1K

Posted 6 October 2017 - 7:40 am
Hi,

I have recently moved places and on a different router, which seems to give me fast proxy to a lot of people.

So i tried to port forward - manually doing it for a start as i have done it before on different models of router which didn't work then followed the online instructions for my model of router (TP link - TD-W8960N) which ended up being the same anyway and again not working.

I made the router give me a static IP (so the rule would always apply etc)

I have also tried using UPNP on voobly, which didnt seem to fix anything.

Also tried using a different port number, then forwarding said port. Also didnt open the port when i checked.
(Between times restarting router and voobly / pc to make sure)

When i check the port online, it says it is blocked, as does the network diagnostic tool.

I am not really sure what to do. I have also tried making the IP i am on the DMZ host, but this also seems to have no effect which makes no sense to me as should allow everything.

Is it possible the ports are blocked by my isp?

Nick
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Edited 6 October 2017 - 3:44 pm by ____Kofahi____
Hello
check your set up is correct for that router. set only the one port though 16000udp: [You must login to view link]
firmware v1.3.6 is the version your router should have. if not update it: [You must login to view link]
turn off the DMZ and UPnP. apply/save.
make sure your pc firewall/anti-virus, allows the game/voobly. make sure you only have one pc firewall.

Try to call with your internet provider And tell them to open port 16000 for you then Check.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts