Voobly takes longer to open AoC

[F0rk]Deathcounter_

Posted 15 October 2017 - 4:52 pm
Hello,
Since last month voobly takes much longer to open the Game, i havent changed anything before that.
Normally when i joined a 8 Player Teamgame i usually was 3rd - 5th, now i am mostly 7th or 8th which is kinda annoying.
Is there a way to fix this problem?
Thank you for your attention and possible answers :)

P.s Voobly is in general very fragile and tend to crash more often lately ;ohnoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 15 October 2017 - 6:44 pm
Hi
you open port 16000 ?? .. to check this .. from the lobby
chose options>Network Diagnostics
Like in this [You must login to view link]
and please if you can take screenshot for your Network Diagnostics test and provide it here please :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

Posted 17 October 2017 - 7:51 pm
Here you go: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 18 October 2017 - 8:41 pm by +sunny@voobly
There are 2 reasons for you to be joining in late:

1. A slow computer (implying hardware lag)
2. A slow network (implying network lag)

The geographical location also plays a significant role but if the problem is in every game you play then you need to focus on the top 2 reasons

Lets start with network lag;
Your network diagnostics says everything is fine, so I am guessing you do not see any player as fp in your game room. Make sire you have a decent and stable internet connection. You don't need high speeds to play on Voobly but a sustained connection is important.

Your security applications may also play a vital role in blocking connections and therefore I would suggest adding an exception for Voobly and the game you play in your security apps (firewall, antivirus, antimalware applications). If that does not fix the problem, try uninstalling your security apps for testing purposes and see if it makes a difference. You can reinstall them later.

Hardware lag:
If you have an old computer or have too many applications running on foreground/background, try closing them all. Exit all background apps including cloud sync agents, download managers and all other such programs. Keep your RAM and CPU as free as possible. Some browsers (like chrome) tend to hog a lot of system resources and its best to close them too while playing on Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

Posted 19 October 2017 - 7:38 pm
First of all, Thank you very much for your support, You guys are awesome ;flowers

Unfortunally after deactivating my firewall and my antivirus nothing changed, the game still opens later compared to last month :(
I also tried starting the game without any applications running in the background, still no diffrence.
I didn't changed anything since then, it just happended from one day to another.

It's not that important for me, but compared to last month i know that it's not ideal.

In my Opinion it can't be caused by a slow network, my internet is fine.

Anyway i think that's all i can try, thank you so far ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CSC]Bieber

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:51 pm
Hello, Deathcounter_, Please delete all you're age of empires recordings by opening you're game in single player menu. It will help with the slowness of joining Lobbies & Rooms.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

Posted 20 October 2017 - 8:50 am
Hello, Deathcounter_, Please delete all you're age of empires recordings by opening you're game in single player menu. It will help with the slowness of joining Lobbies & Rooms.
THANK YOU very much, removing 500MB or 277 Recorded Games really helped. Thank you very Much!!!;flowers
Thread can be closed now,
Thank you again
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CSC]Bieber

Posted 20 October 2017 - 9:00 am
Glad to hear that! Have a fun experience in Voobly. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts