Does Voobly record our screen while playing ?

Kheisen

Posted 22 October 2017 - 6:39 pm
Hello,

one of your moderator told me that it was possible, if a complaint about cheat was filled, for Voobly to actually replay what each player saw on his screen.

I find it hard to believe since it would cause an incredible lag to upload the videos to Voobly servers while playing. Also, it raises the question of privacy since we could not know the moment you started to record (like, when a private mail is on screen). I have not seen anything in Voobly's rules specifying such a thing as recording.

So, is it really true ? Thanks in advance for your answer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 22 October 2017 - 7:52 pm
Hi Kheisen ,

Voobly does not record or takes screenshot of users at all. The moderator you had a chat with is talking about the game recordings. These recording only include your game play and nothing more.

These recordings are uploaded on voobly server for a limited time in order to make sure the game was played in a fair way. You can check these recordings on your voobly profile.

[You must login to view link].
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kheisen

Posted 22 October 2017 - 8:50 pm
The problem is, I raised concerns about some players being able to use a no fog (or maphack trainer) in Aoe. That moderator said he would see it if there was a no fog and also threathened me to not raise doubts about cheating or else he will check the videos and punish me.

Unfortunetly, if soemone found a way to use a no fog, it would not affect statistics of the game since it does not affect the ressources, so I doubt you could see it.

Also, I read your link and didn't find anything my "saved game" folder. Does this work for Aoe 1 ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kheisen

Posted 24 October 2017 - 7:23 pm
Anyone to help about why the recording does not work for aoe 1 ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:43 pm
Theses recordings are only available for Age of Empires 2. Moderators on voobly do have some tools to verify if someone is hacking or not but that does not mean any type of screen recording.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts