Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Client and Website related Problems and Questions > File was not found at the location the registry said it should be.

File was not found at the location the registry said it should be.

_dying_

Edited 25 October 2017 - 5:25 pm by _dying_
Hello,

I just installed a new internal 3.5" HD. I transferred my entire Program Files (x86) file to the new drive. When I try logging in AOC RM/DM Medieval Siege I get this error, "File was not found at the location the registry said it should be."

See errors here : [You must login to view link]

Steps I've taken to resolve:

Searching earlier threads I deleted the "aoc" folder in voobly/gamedata and had it reinstall. I did so including setting the path my to my new 3.5" HD, but received the same error.

Next, did a clean install of Voobly following the guide that's out there. Easy, done. Same error.

Next, did a clean install of the steam compatibility patch. Same error.

Next, did a clean install of the game from Steam client. Same error.

At this point I'm out of ideas any help would be appreciated.

Attachments:
voobly - 1.png (file size: 1.57 MB)
voobly - 2.png (file size: 1.83 MB)
voobly - 3.png (file size: 1.89 MB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 27 October 2017 - 1:24 pm
The registry keys should point to your aoc installation, not to your Voobly folder.

Try the following: rename the "aoc" folder in the voobly/gamedata directory to something else. Start up Voobly and enter an aoc lobby. It should give you an error message and when you try having voobly fix the problem, it should ask you to locate the exe to use. Navigate to the Age2HD install directory, open the age2_x1 folder and select the age2_x1.exe inside. That should hopefully set the registry keys correctly. Afterwards, undo the renaming of the "aoc" folder in the voobly install folder.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts