Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Any ideas on how to get the same resolution/zoom as in AOE2 HD?

Any ideas on how to get the same resolution/zoom as in AOE2 HD?

megustas19

Posted 4 December 2017 - 12:42 am

Hi,

basically after some problems playing with my friend in HD we are going to try Voobly but I'm having an "issue".

In AOE 2 HD I'm able to get a zoomed out view of the game which is what I want with Voobly.
I believe it has something to do with scaling.

My setup is:

Left monitor: External monitor, 1080p, 100% scaling, set as Main monitor
Right monitor: Laptop, 1080p, 125% scaling

Currently on Voobly 1.4RC:
You must login into Voobly to view image

Random TheViper video: (same resolution as me currently):

AOE2 HD (What I want in Voobly):

I haven't tried anything to fix it yet, any ideas are welcome.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 8 December 2017 - 12:37 pm
This is a feature of the HD version and is not possible out of the box in the classic version (which is what you are playing when you play on Voobly using the compatibility patch). I seriously doubt if this feature can be implemented without a major rewrite of the existing code.
Link | Reply | Quote
 megustas19

Posted 8 December 2017 - 8:23 pm
Sucks to be me then.

Even [You must login to view link] work on HD, but couldn't find a way to use on voobly at all.

1440p monitors are expensive and hard to justify because I only need it for aoe2.
I have GTX1050ti that should be able to do DSR/downsampling but since I'm on a Optimus laptop it's not available.
External GPU for DSR would also be expensive and impractical since I need a cable connected inside the laptop. (Not even sure DSR works on voobly)
Vmware will mostlikely work (and I'm about to test it) but idk about game and connection performance.

Seems that I'm screwed. :D

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts