Voobly extremely slow

kataklysm____

Posted 26 January 2018 - 3:42 pm
Hi! From the past few days voobly speed is extremely slow. takes 1-2 min to open a lobby. sending a message through messenger takes 40-50 seconds. basically every command I give to voobly takes so much time. port forwarding is ok.. voobly website is working ok from the browser. Only program is having issues. I tried to reinstall program but problem still persists. Any solution?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 January 2018 - 3:47 pm
I will summarize what I did mention on live chat:

Assuming there is no outage on Voobly side, there are 2 main reasons why you should be experiencing this issue:

1. Extremely low bandwidth (usually upload speed).
2. Packet drop/loss

The first game room you join after logging into Voobly may take slightly longer to connect however, all subsequent games thereafter you should be able to connect to other players in a matter of seconds (assuming you do not have a port problem). Even if you do have a port issue (blocked port) it will not affect your instant messaging ability.

The next time you are experiencing delays in messages being sent, immediately run a speedtest to check for your upload and download speeds. If the stats are normal, run a ping test to check for packet loss. This will tell you if you are loosing connection to the internet. Once you have confirmed the cause, you can then speak to your ISP for corrective actions.

All that said, if this is not a regular recurrence, you can choose to ignore it.

Good luck.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]Orea_

Posted 29 January 2018 - 3:32 pm
in-game pings are all good. mostly green like before..
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 30 January 2018 - 7:44 am by Troy
Delete your game recordings (80/90% of them) and you will see a massive difference in speed on Voobly Lobbies.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts