Average Match Rating

Dej4Vu

Posted 22 March 2018 - 5:42 am
as tittle said, it's an idea than been running in my mind, is to add a new stat to the profile ladder statistics to give you and idea in which level room the player use to play and take a measure of skills/real rated.
for e.g >
Match Details #17438388
Date Played: Yesterday, 2:06 am
Match Rating: 1940
Map: =V= CBA Hero AC V13.scx
Duration: 00:33:11
Players: 8
Game Mod: v1.5 Beta R6 | Advanced Statis
you took all matchs rating to give you a measure to take a average rating
if a player have a high rated/high average rating, means he actually value his rated for real.
if a player have a high rated/low average rating, means he play in low lvl room and dosn't value his rated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 supercrackRCB

Posted 22 March 2018 - 5:56 am

[01:54]<[I3acI]Dej4Vu> ponele un +1
[01:54]<[I3acI]Dej4Vu> payaso

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 22 March 2018 - 5:57 am
pelotudo, ni para crapear servis >=v
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:11 am
Actually a good idea.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:13 am
like (y)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]_Dl24G0N_

Edited 22 March 2018 - 12:15 pm by [s1L3nT]_Dl24G0N_
An interesting idea but does it really address the root cause of the issue? (being that of "real ratings" or skills). The rating system itself needs an overhaul; you receive far too many rating points for stomping noobs. Rating win/loss needs to be much more extreme with mismatched ratings.

Look at this match for example: https://www.voobly.com/match/view/17429503

A 1500 player received +10 points (or lost 10), and 1750 player received 7 points (in a room where everyone else was 15xx; match average 1543). IDK how to balance it exactly but it it should have been more like +1/2 instead of +7.
Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Edited 22 March 2018 - 2:11 pm by user124641314
It is illogical to use this in a ladder like CBA or Bloods in my opinion, since the difference of rateds between one and other players are very high and many can not play in their rated rooms due to inactivity / few players with high rated that exists (The best example is the blood ladder) In the end this would be nothing more than an ornament.

Edit // This would be an excellent idea if it were added to the CS - Overall, in which when opening the top 20 next to the scores, the average match rating in which said players meet, could thus be made clear as top overall players (who I will not name) are overrated ;lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Edited 22 March 2018 - 2:22 pm by _IYIastA_
It is illogical to use this in a ladder like CBA or Bloods in my opinion, since the difference of rateds between one and other players are very high and many can not play in their rated rooms due to inactivity / few players with high rated that exists (The best example is the blood ladder) In the end this would be nothing more than an ornament.

Edit // This would be an excellent idea if it were added to the CS - Overall, in which when opening the top 20 next to the scores, the average match rating in which said players meet, could thus be made clear as top overall players (who I will not name) are overrated ;lol

I don't think you understood what it is.

For example I am rated about 1500 in bloods, however I generally play with people rated much higher.
My average match rating would be much better than the points total. Likewise I've played far more 2k cba games than I have low level games.

At the moment it doesn't matter as few people play bloods, or even CBA, but in the past this would have been useful. Players with a high fake rating would often ruin an otherwise quality game, knowing their actual level would have been nice.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 22 March 2018 - 2:20 pm
@Javi

How do you speak so eloquently on forums, but speak gibberish to me privately? 24
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 22 March 2018 - 4:09 pm
_IYIastA_ wrote:

For example I am rated about 1500 in bloods, however I generally play with people rated much higher.
My average match rating would be much better than the points total. Likewise I've played far more 2k cba games than I have low level games.

At the moment it doesn't matter as few people play bloods, or even CBA, but in the past this would have been useful. Players with a high fake rating would often ruin an otherwise quality game, knowing their actual level would have been nice.
finally something worth to read, this is the point of this whole thread.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 22 March 2018 - 4:12 pm
This actually may work in rm/dm ladder or other games too, let's see what they think about it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]_Dl24G0N_

Edited 22 March 2018 - 4:16 pm by [s1L3nT]_Dl24G0N_
_IYIastA_ wrote:

Conversely though: The people you are playing against would essentially be penalised for playing you. Does this make it a good system? Javi is correct in that hardly anyone is playing bloods, and so this "average match rating" would not improve things, only say other people are "playing lower rated people" for playing against you.

This suggestion makes a bit more sense for the CBA ladder which is a lot more played though. Probably for RM/DM too but I have less experience there.
Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Posted 22 March 2018 - 4:17 pm
So you will make this not for identified good players, just bad players ;?
Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Posted 22 March 2018 - 4:22 pm
Idk, seems still just useless, maybe in past as you said could be worth because a lot of players, but right now all know who is who and how to play each one.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Edited 22 March 2018 - 4:31 pm by _IYIastA_
Idk, seems still just useless, maybe in past as you said could be worth because a lot of players, but right now all know who is who and how to play each one.

What I said: it doesn't matter either way.

Conversely though: The people you are playing against would essentially be penalised for playing you. Does this make it a good system? Javi is correct in that hardly anyone is playing bloods, and so this "average match rating" would not improve things, only say other people are "playing lower rated people" for playing against you.

Well, it doesn't matter now but I was not rated this low when I was playing in an active and competitive bloods scene, I wasn't all that good but I was rated around 18/1900 and my average would have been similar. What I mean is that in a healthy system a legit player will have comparable ratings to the people they play.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23456
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 84 posts