Voobly Lobby crashes regularly

Th0m

Posted 29 March 2018 - 8:39 pm
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

Regularly, (rough estimate once every 45 minutes), the lobby I'm in (Custom Scenario or RM/DM) crashes. If I'm in a game, I get disconnected and the vote screen comes up. One one occasion (out of maybe 15), the remaining players informed me the game went out of sync.

Voobly Messenger is still logged in, my internet still works fine, access to Voobly website still fine. A crash occured ~5 mins ago, I was pinging the voobly site throughout the duration and there were no missing packets etc. My connection is absolutely fine.

You must login into Voobly to view image

I uninstalled AoC and reinstalled with minimum graphical content mods. During this process I deleted UP 1.3 1.4, 1.4RC, 1.5, 1.6 etc in case they were interfering with the client. In any case AoC isn't the issue since I receivelobby crashes when I'm not in game.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Voobly client many, many times. I have checked Windows Firewall and inbound + outbound are open for Priv/Public. I am running AVG (Free edition) which to my knowledge doesn't have its own firewall (only available with paid subscription). How can I fix this?

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:05 pm
hi
as you were ok, what has changed? new ISP, router, modem, operating system etc? any new apps?
del all you find here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
or here
C:\Program File[86]s\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
when the host launches the game and you enter the civ setup page, resume the lobby. then return to the civ set up page.
have you any ports forwarded? 16000udp to your pc private ip?
how long have had AVG?
try rebooting the router, then check what ever you have set on it is still the same.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Th0m

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:30 pm
Thank you kitt.

I haven't played much since January 17th. Briefly played around Feb 17th-27th I think. PC internet connection went from ethernet to USB WiFi. I redid port forwards to 16000. I can't say for certain but I think I've had this disconnection problem a long time. I used to join as p2/p3 very often but now down to p7/p8. Resuming game takes a long time and might even crash the client. Alt tabing between client windows very sluggish. Now my pc isn't fast by all means but I'm pretty sure it navigated client and AoC (joining as p2) very well because I kept it lean. No bloatware, random startup programs, background software etc. Not sure what has led to this dramatic slowdown. I have literally left this pc unused for months at a time. When I return I virus scan, defrag, update software etc. The only thing that has changed over the years is more demanding Userpatch, client updates and accumulated recorded games which are now deleted.

Same ISP (Virgin Media)
Same router (superhub)
Windows 7
Deleted a bunch of unused software, installed Mi Suite which shouldnt affect connection
Deleted Multi files now ty. (My address: C:\Games\Age of Empires 2\SaveGame\Multi - does it matter?)

I will resume and relaunch from now on and record my results. Ty again
Link | Reply | Quote
 Th0m

Edited 30 March 2018 - 1:31 am by Th0m
alkalm dropped. NCS also appeared to drop. HOWEVER, my client started crashing and my vote screen glitched. I definately pressed save as did everyone else yet Voobly registered me as the winner. This is definitely related.

Bizarre chat log: https://www.voobly.com/match/view/17489749/In-Game-Chat/game/AOC/ingamechat/17489749/45487590

Other players don't resign in their respective logs.

Minutes later:

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 30 March 2018 - 3:19 pm
hi
Quote:
Deleted Multi files now ty. (My address: C:\Games\Age of Empires 2\SaveGame\Multi - does it matter?)
if you have w7 64 bit, it would be inprogram files[86] so i assume you have the 32 bit.
Quote:
alkalm dropped. NCS also appeared to drop. HOWEVER, my client started crashing and my vote screen glitched. I definately pressed save as did everyone else yet Voobly registered me as the winner. This is definitely related.
this does happen to people, including me, at times.especially if the vote screen freezes or seems to go OOS and your not actually seeing what others are seeing.

well im not sure what to suggest. others have been having a few problems with virgin but i think thats more of a coincedence. have to illiminate a few things.
do you have another router you can try? you dont need the ISP equipment, just the log ins/settings.
are you up to date with w7 patches etc?
resuming lobby does work for some.
these are recommended game room settings may/not help: https://www.voobly.com/files/view/31695090/db4efrmhsw88gf2wefkakbmj9nqvfr7r/VGR8.png
no idea what mods you have installed but worth a try removing them and seeing result then.
also check your private ip is still the same as the one you forwarded.
some times a talk to the ISP tech people can help. their are a number of checks they can run regarding the line etc.
are you asdal or cable?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts