Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Lost Connection to server, reconnecting when game ends

Lost Connection to server, reconnecting when game ends

[_Garlic_]Faultier321

Posted 8 April 2018 - 1:11 pm
I keep loosing connection to Voobly, although my internet conection still seems to be fine - at the moment i am running a monitoring tool to see if it is really fine, seems to be replying every 2 seconds like it is supposed to.

I have forwarded the ports you can see in the image below.
I have run a speed test, that you can see in another image below.
Today, i have reinstalled the voobly client (i am running the steam version, did not reinstall that one, only the voobly client).

I am starting to run out of ideas what to do. plz help me. i cant live without voobly =(
Attachments:
voobly connection problems.png (file size: 320.54 KB)
ports.png (file size: 31.82 KB)
speedtest.png (file size: 54.43 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [_Garlic_]Faultier321

Posted 8 April 2018 - 1:14 pm
i reupload the picture of the ports forwarded, it seems to be bugged:

Attachments:
ports.png (file size: 31.82 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [_Garlic_]Faultier321

Edited 8 April 2018 - 2:01 pm by [_Garlic_]Faultier321
So i just played a game on voobly, and this time i was able to finish it - probably only because it was gg after 18 minutes, and voobly usually disconnects after 25-40 minutes.
However, right after the guy called gg, the moment he resigned/disconnected, the same thing happened. I think there might be a coinsidence: The only other time i was able to finish a game it was the same - the moment the other guy is resigning voobly is disconnecting.
Could this be an installation problem maybe?

Also, the game lobby is saying "connection to 'player' is not responsive (failure: peer check.)" (check image below)
Attachments:
voobly connection problems2.png (file size: 449.52 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 8 April 2018 - 11:10 pm by kitt
hi
as you have been playing for some time ok, what has changed? new isp, modem, router, operating system etc?
forwarding looks ok but to play here you dont need the old game ports active, just 16000udp.
one thing there, were it says "computer" is that the name of your pc or an ipv6? whats the router make/model number?[hard to see]
yoou can use the free port checker to see if port is open: [You must login to view link]
when in a game room, after the host launches to the civ screen, resume the lobby. then return to the civ set up screen.
check the router logs for reconnects.
check your pc f/wall and AV allow the game/voobly through. check you only have one pc firewall active.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_Garlic_]Faultier321

Edited 9 April 2018 - 1:31 pm by [_Garlic_]Faultier321
Used that tool you recommanded, it says the port is forwarded to my computer. Where it says computer its some censored version of the IP adress. I think the forwarding is correct.
I dont know where to check router logs, how do i do that?

What has changed is that i moved to a new place with different internet connection, different isp, different router. ISP is german company O2, router is "O2 Homebox 6641". I am pretty sure it is some connection problem with the whole Internet on this place:

Yesterday, i played HD Edition on my first computer(which is still running okay) while beeing logged into Voobly on my laptop (second pc). At one moment, HD Edition had a lag (2-3 seconds screen freezing, then continuing). Same moment, my laptop is loosing connection to Voobly. This is happening like every 20 Minutes. So it seems to be some ISP issue that HD can handle but voobly not. I should probably call my ISP right?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 9 April 2018 - 2:03 pm by kitt
hi
i suggest you alter that "sensored" version to either the pc name or the ipv4 address [it looks like a ipv6 in there] or do a second one with the ipv4 ip in there. [You must login to view link]
logs would probably be in an admin page of the router and may need enabling.
it would seem a talk to the ISP tech people may be useful
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_Garlic_]Faultier321

Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:59 pm
No, it is my ipv4 adress, it always shows the right one for a few seconds and then changes to what you can see on the screen. But when i click "edit" it shows the ipv4 instead of those numbers. I dont know why it does that but it should be fine.
I called my isp and they are saiyng there is a technical problem with the connection indeed. There will be a technician coming tomorrow. Im praying that he is going to solve this,
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 10 April 2018 - 1:49 pm
hi
thats good news, lets hope they have some ideas.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_Garlic_]Faultier321

Posted 11 April 2018 - 1:11 pm
Hello, the technician was here and crushed all my Dreams. He said everything looks fine, changed one cable and said i need to call them again if i am still having this problem. I treid to play and i still get the same error message =(
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_Garlic_]Faultier321

Edited 11 April 2018 - 2:08 pm by [_Garlic_]Faultier321
I was just trying out if there is any difference, and i was able to finish 2 games. They were both really, really quick games though, and i have experienced that the disconnecting is happening to 100 % when someone is leaving the game. So by the end of every game, wheter i leave the game or my opponent, voobly is disconnecting aswell.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 11 April 2018 - 3:07 pm
hi
ok
do you have another router/modem you could try on your system?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_Garlic_]Faultier321

Posted 13 April 2018 - 6:33 pm
Hello,
first of all, thank you so much for your help! It is amazing that Voobly has its own tech support to help dealing with problems like this. Thank you +kitt.

I have bought a new router and everything looks fine now.
To everyone out there: If you want to play on Voobly and you are from Germany, never ever purchase an "o2 Homebox", i am serious.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:11 pm
hi
well im happy your ok but wasnt expecting you to buy a router. just use one as a test.
now you need to return the O2 one as faulty and get a replacement. check it works ok. will do as a spare or sell it. lol.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts