Cannot update to UP 1.5 R6 for aoe2 [solved]

Bodkin_Arrow

Edited 16 April 2018 - 7:37 pm by Bodkin_Arrow
Hi!

I have been playing aoe2 on Voobly for a long time and have had plenty of games with the Userpatch 1.5 R6 already without any issues. Today suddenly I was unable to play with anyone, because despite being in a R6 lobby and having the patch installed, the game would show 1.0c once ingame, which of course is not compatible. So, I uninstalled the patch and the older R5 seems to work fine.

Now I am stuck unable to get R6 back. When I go through the mod center, voobly starts the download and stops with the error "unzip failed". The same happens when I simply join the RM/DM lobby to trigger the auto update. So after that I tried downloading the patch manually. Through the mod center that doesnt seem to be possible, hence I followed the link to the userpatch aiscripters website and downloaded it there. After following all the instructions there, I am still left with version R5 and on top of that I cannot select patches when using the age2_x1.exe without launching voobly as I could before.

I reinstalled Voobly, no change. I checked Avira and the Firewall, everything is fine there.
Oddly enough I can download other mods through the modcenter just fine.

Does anyone have an idea how to get me back to R6?

Edit: I was helped by voobly staff in the lobby, thank you!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:55 pm
hi
solved?
how?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bodkin_Arrow

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:22 am
A member of the tech support was in the RM/DM Lobby and walked me through a couple of steps. In the end, reinstalling voobly and telling Avira that the userpatch is not to be removed did the trick.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 17 April 2018 - 1:50 am
hi
ok
ta
so basically a anti-virus problem

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts