Game lags/stops during the game (details updated)

_sublime

Edited 15 June 2018 - 5:20 pm by _sublime
This happens very often. The game stops/lags for a second as in if I move my mouse nothing happens and then after a second cursor jumps to where it should have gone to. This lag happens only to me and not to other players.

I have installed wololo kingdoms also.

This happens with both aoc and wololokingdom. Latest pathches. I didn't have this issue when playing on steam (same laptop, i7 8th generation, 16 gb ram, nvidia mx150 and intel uhd 620, should be enough for this game i think)
1080p on laptop screen (NO external monitor)

help me fix this plzz :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 15 June 2018 - 8:28 pm
Hi there,

Please ensure that your game room settings are exactly like this:
[You must login to view link]
You can verify this by hosting a game room in any lobby

Do you experience the lag when starting the game offline? If not, try starting the game in single player mode from within Voobly and see if you experience the same lag.

Make sure you are using 1.5 R7 patch for your games while on Voobly.

Note: Do not use WK for any of your tests and disable all other mods (including any visual mod that you may be using)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _sublime

Posted 16 June 2018 - 1:37 am
Hi, I tried what you suggested. AOC without any mods through voobly single player showed that lag but when I launched it offline without voobly, there was no lag. Do you know why this could be happening and how to fix it?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 16 June 2018 - 1:15 pm
hi
go here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
or here
C:\Program Files[86]\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
and delete all the temp saves. see if that helps.
if you have an active anti-virus, turn if off or stop it actively scanning the game/voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _sublime

Posted 18 June 2018 - 8:05 pm
That didn't work either.

Now I have deleted the whole AOC folder and reinstalling it. I also have the steam version.
Should I install old AOC + steam AOC + wolo kingdom but I think there is another way in the forums where they use the steam version for both voobly and steam.
Let me know which would be better choice.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _sublime

Edited 18 June 2018 - 9:11 pm by _sublime
I tried reinstalling using steam version only.
Installed compatibility v5 patch and then opened voobly and ran game diagnostics. It did some fixes. But I'm not able to download any game mods/patches and getting this error:
You must login into Voobly to view image

I have tied to download the updates/patches by joining game rooms but same error.

However game diagnostics doesn't give any error.
You must login into Voobly to view image

Please help me how to fix this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _sublime

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:12 pm
I think the issue is that voobly needs to modify or install the mods/updates into steam folder and it doesn't have permission to do so.

I have tried opening voobly as administator but it didn't help. Any other way to make it work? My steam AOC is in D and not C.
Link | Reply | Quote
 scripter16

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:56 pm
I think the patch download issue should now be fixed by this:

https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/290857/:1296029#post1296029

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts