Community Forums > Voobly General > Strategy Guides > CBA Hero general guide

CBA Hero general guide

[xCs]BEKSniper_

Edited 4 July 2018 - 1:48 am by [xCs]BEKSniper_
CBA Hero Random TG tips and tricks

I won’t be covering fundamental skills such as patrolling or general game mechanics knowledge. Instead, I will be explaining some core principals and provide a few straightforward tips. Many people (this includes most “2ks”) believes that hero is about killing more and losing less. This is true in the long run however in early and mid-game it’s about killing faster. A common example is with civs such as celts or vik. These civs cage at 200 yet I often see a celts or vik player running instead of fighting. If you split your losses, its sometimes even worth it to lose in order to get to 200 quickly.

Tip 1: Always play for kills when you can with civs that can age up quickly.

Coming back to the killing faster part, YOU DUMB ****S NEED TO STOP ****ING RUNNING. I seriously can only think of a few players that understands the value of staying and fighting. Nobody is dumb enough to feed you without killing anything. Be smart and control your kills to losses ratio.

Tip 2: As long as you are killing more/faster you stay put and fight.

Also relating to killing, stop always patrolling. You should only patrol when you need to stack your units in order to win a fight. If it is not necessary, don’t do it. It’s a waste of time and hurts the efficiency of your troops. The end goal isn’t to perfectly stack your troops, but rather “kill better”. You often lose kills when your troops stay stacked while an enemy GB. Furthermore, stand ground should only be used when you outrange the opponent (except for mong and sara) or run the risk of being trapped. Use A patrol when you can since it fully it maximizes efficiency.

Tip 3: Choose the most efficient stance/formation to maximize efficiency.

I recommend playing a few 1v1 hero since it is the best way to learn when to use which stance/formation (more specifically focus on brit, mong, sara and celts). 1v1 brings your TG gameplay to another level.
This last point has to do with general game strategy. In hero there are two advantages to be had: the map/pop and the kills. You are striving for the control of both but in tight games you need to decide which ones you need to go for. In my opinion, both are equally as important and it comes down to how you use each one. You need to decide which advantage to focus on in balanced games. It’s important that you stick with what you decided on. If you choose map make sure you get it at any cost and if you choose kills make sure you kill more and feed less.

Tip 4: Focus on either having more pop/map or getting more kills in balanced match-ups.

There are exceptions in all of the aforementioned cases. Just use your best judgement. Holla at me if you have a question. ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 3 July 2018 - 6:54 am
cba hero 1v1 make you efficient on patrolling/micro and getting fast kills so help you a lot but nothing more else.
playing in tg is totally different and change everything drastically since sometimes when 1 out of 4 players on 1 teams make a mistake means to loss a game.
is more about playing solid as team, everything should be planned and cooperate between all, this means stick to the team and stack to win.
it's a challenge to play tg more than 1v1, that's why ppl tend to be better and higher rate on 1v1 than tg on anything they play whenever they play rm or cs maps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [OeZi]Chelton

Edited 3 July 2018 - 7:26 am by [OeZi]Chelton
Good guide
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 Playerpro123

Edited 3 July 2018 - 10:41 am by Playerpro123
Best guide ever. It will help me a lot. Because of this guide i will be 22 k player
Link | Reply | Quote
 JimmyRaton

Posted 3 July 2018 - 11:12 am
before this guide i was 12xx now i am 2.1k
11/10 times i recommend this guide to pro player ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 Playerpro123

Posted 3 July 2018 - 11:15 am
JimmyRaton wrote:
before this guide i was 12xx now i am 2.1k
11/10 times i recommend this guide to pro player ;1thumbup

++ ;good

I copied this to my computer and facebook, all my friends will get 22 k now
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 3 July 2018 - 12:22 pm
My guide for Hero: Dont play it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Posted 3 July 2018 - 4:24 pm
My guide for Hero: Dont play it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Posted 3 July 2018 - 4:43 pm
Dej4Vu wrote:
cba hero 1v1 make you efficient on patrolling/micro and getting fast kills so help you a lot but nothing more else.
playing in tg is totally different and change everything drastically since sometimes when 1 out of 4 players on 1 teams make a mistake means to loss a game.
is more about playing solid as team, everything should be planned and cooperate between all, this means stick to the team and stack to win.
it's a challenge to play tg more than 1v1, that's why ppl tend to be better and higher rate on 1v1 than tg on anything they play whenever they play rm or cs maps.

Meh, 1v1 is about speed (70% micro 30% strategy) , TG (60% strategy 40% micro) is about strategy;

And noone can't say "micro doesn't matter on TG" because I've been seen every ****ing guy top/trash player crying because his saracens don't know how to patrol, so shush.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 3 July 2018 - 5:02 pm
Jv pls delete aoc, you talking about strategy gave me cancer when you are bad tg player.
Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Posted 3 July 2018 - 6:38 pm
I'm bad at random but not even at all lmao
Link | Reply | Quote
 Playerpro123

Posted 3 July 2018 - 7:07 pm
Best guide how to become good CBA HERO player. I really like it and recommend this guide to all Voobly players.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 3 July 2018 - 8:50 pm
Good luck in getting a gf
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]BEKSniper_

Edited 4 July 2018 - 1:55 am by [xCs]BEKSniper_
Dej4Vu wrote:

Actually this isnt true. Being good at 1v1 changes your mindset. It takes you out of the passive way of playing and teaches tactics that you cant have learned otherwise. Other than improving patrols it helps you determine which engagements to take and which to avoid. It also makes a huge difference in specific cases while it comes to down to the micro. Id agree with you if we were talking about cba but in hero one player can win it all sometimes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Posted 4 July 2018 - 2:39 am
Actually this isnt true. Being good at 1v1 changes your mindset. It takes you out of the passive way of playing and teaches tactics that you cant have learned otherwise. Other than improving patrols it helps you determine which engagements to take and which to avoid. It also makes a huge difference in specific cases while it comes to down to the micro. Id agree with you if we were talking about cba but in hero one player can win it all sometimes.

He even doesn't play 1v1, so he can't talk about it.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]234
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 55 posts