Age of Empires 2 not respecting my screen resolution

[_DNA_]NOVAinc

Edited 7 July 2018 - 6:08 am by [_DNA_]NOVAinc
Hello. I'm trying to use voobly to play Age of Empires 2, but for some reason it's impossible to play the game at my screen's resolution. If I try to play it with "Start in Window-mode" it will only display a borderless window that doesn't cover my screen. As you can see in the first screenshot the game is small and the options menu doesn't display my resolution. If I try to launch the game without the "start in window-mode" option, it will launch the game lobby full screen (by lowering my screen resolution) and after hitting the start game button it crashes and returns me to the voobly room, with the "game was not rated" message

I can perfectly play the game if I launch it myself double clicking the exe, as you can see in the second screenshot. This, however, is only good for single player.

I have seen people play at even higher resolution. What is the issue? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

UPDATE: just forgot to add that I already tried turning all of the mods off, toggling the 32-bit color options and the "force desktop resolution" as well. None of these options make any difference. The behaviour is always the same. I have additionally tried to "Start a single player menu" from the game menu in the voobly room, but it still crashes for some reason.
Attachments:
Sin nombre.png (file size: 4.83 MB)
Sin nombre2.png (file size: 1.93 MB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 July 2018 - 9:43 am
Issue resolved in HR.

Thread closed.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts