New to Voobly and have a few questions/issues

Tarmok_II

Posted 26 July 2018 - 2:14 pm
Hi everyone I am Tarmok and I recently switched from the HDversion to Voobly.

I have a few questions I hope someone can answere me and some impressions to share.

Let's start with a few downsides.
THE SETTING UP OF VOOBLY: Ok I am sure many people did put in a lot of work to make this work, but I still think setting up Voobly was one of the least user friendly things I had to do ever. Only very few steps tell you, if you did them right and even less tell you what you did wrong. Almost every guide I did find was lacking one important detail or the other. It took me ~1.5 hours yesterday and a few tyrs on other days, which ended in me giving up frustrated, to finaly get everything running. (I admit it partly was my fault for insiting to use the nickname from my frist try, which I guess I spelled wrong and due to that could not reacivate it.)

In return once you do have everything set up, suddenly everything becomes very easy. The conversion tool works great and makes it really easy to finish setting everything up.
When I jumped into my first game I of course still had to tweak a few settings, but I guess that is normal.

Once in the game I noticed a few things, which I am not 100% sure are normal.

The first one was the graphic. If I remeber right I heared that you easily play Voobly with the same looks as the HDversion.
Is that correct and if it is how do I change it? (I really go used to the HD looks over the time)

The second thing was that the game was reacting kinda slugish. Everything felt a bit delayed and only reacted to slow and really carefull input.
Is that something I will simply have to get used to or is something wrong with my game?

Thanks in advance

Link | Reply | Quote
 Athink

Edited 27 July 2018 - 11:00 am by Athink
Hello Tarmok, Sorry to hear about the troubles you have had with this , may i suggest you try these settings in Vooby game room, hoping this helps, please let us know if you are still having any problems

Keep in mind that the conversion turns it into the original aoc copy (non HD) So it won't phisically look/feel
like HD version

You must login into Voobly to view image

Kind regards
Athink

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts