Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > I don't understand why if I play on Voobly the game is different

I don't understand why if I play on Voobly the game is different

StoneIsland

Posted 1 August 2018 - 3:38 pm
Hello,
I don't understand why if I start a game in Voobly the quality graphic is worst than on Steam and it's less smooth to play. Also, I've noted in Voobly I don't hear the tauntsbut the option is enabled. On Voobly the game options are less than on Steam (for example, in Voobly I miss the Render Water 3D) and if I chose to start a lobby in single player menu I still see the old menu, the one with The Zone. How is this possible? I don't have the old AoE installed on my PC and I'm sure I've choose the new Aoe HD to start with Voobly. Is there a way to play in Voobly like on steam? Thank you
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 1 August 2018 - 4:04 pm
Voobly does not support the HD version of AOC. When you use the compatibility patch you essentially convert your HD game to the classic version while playing on Voobly.

You could however, play with HD civs using wolollo mod.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [kLu]Troy

Posted 1 August 2018 - 4:04 pm
Hello, StoneIsland.

The reason you don't see HD Graphics/Smooth Camera is due to the HD Converter. It allows you to play on Voobly (owning HD Version), however the converter changes the HD Version into the original game (1999).
Quote:
Is there a way to play in Voobly like on steam?
Unfortunately not, however you can try to enhance the graphics of your game with the mods we have!
https://www.voobly.com/games/view/Age-of-Empires-II-The-Conquerors/Game-Mods/gamemods/browse2/13/1
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 2 August 2018 - 10:29 am by [MM]Gallas
Also try use the Userpatch 1.5 and you can adjust smoother camera (still not 100% same as aoeHD, but better than old aoc), animated water and hotkey keydown with many other great features.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts