Port forwarding

IAmJudge

Edited 8 August 2018 - 7:17 pm by IAmJudge
Hi,

Having an issue when I join a game, it says I should forward a port (a common issue I can see). When I actually run a game it seems to work ok not a lot of lag unless it's 3v3 with water, everyone says in the chat prior to the game it looks like I'm lagging though.

Have just disabled my firewall and antivirus. Have used PF Port Checker and port 16000 did not show pass. Tried to link via PF Port Checker and my Router with no joy.

So having read a few threads such as this I've tried to create a static IP:
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1034+How+to+configure+a+static+ip+address

When I follow the instructions in the above link it not only comes up with the port forwarding issue but another error about the port being. See attached. PF Port Checker says port is not open yet Voobly says it's in use? The Network Diagnostics says 'Error: Unable to listen on port' although it's set to 16000. It's like 2 steps back and one forward unless this is the right direction to go...

Edit: having done the static IP change it's made no difference to the error. Please ignore above paragraph

I am running on a Windows 10 and the Router I'm using is a Vodafone R216 Mobile WiFi device. Hoping someone can help been scratching my head at this for hours.

Thanks massively in advance!
Attachments:
Error.png (file size: 57.82 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 8 August 2018 - 8:13 pm
Hi,

Setting up a static IP does not fix your port issue. The only way you can fix it is by opening the port on your router. Sadly, there is nothing you can do to fix your fp. Mobile internet is not ideal for NAT based gaming. The router you have does support port forwarding but I doubt it will work. Its best if you can switch to a wired broadband instead.

Here is the guide to port forwarding for your router: [You must login to view link]

Assuming you have not changed your NAT port in Voobly, you will need to follow the steps with UDP 16000 instead.

Good luck.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts