Game Version changes to cd 1.0c instead 1.5

_sevem

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:59 am
@hassan: I did as told, no impact
@gallas: links are not working...

Apparently, there were two Windows updates for Windows 10 users on August 16th:
- cumulative Windows update KB4343909
- Windows tool for removing malicious software KB890830

When checking the system recovery (system recovery to a certain point in time where both updates were not installed yet does fail...), it appears that the aoc 1.0e patch final, which includes a no-cd launcher if I remember correctly, may need to be reinstalled. I assume that may be at least part of the problem.

I got all the original programs on cd rom (which i bought a second time a year ago...) as well as hd and the expansions from the steam shop. however, I only use an external cd-rom and only if i have too, which is why I had the tormentum patch installed.

"Voobly seems to launch the wrong exe" is supposed to mean that I got different exe files in my age of empires II folder, including a file "wk.exe" - if u hit that one age of empires including all the new civs etc. launches. If I hit the launch bar in voobly, the 1.0c version is launched...

anyway: If anyone can come up with a "proper installation guide" (which I did not find so far) or any other solution, this would not only help me but also the other guys who seem to have a similar problem.

Long story short this a real crap...

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:42 pm
hi
links are now working try this; https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/293628/:1304532#post1304532
Link | Reply | Quote
 [EFF]ThePimmeltropf

Posted 17 August 2018 - 2:50 pm
clean Installation is what i have tried. didnt fix it. Btw None of those links are working. Any other solution to this Problem yet?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _sevem

Edited 17 August 2018 - 4:18 pm by _sevem
Maybe I found the Problem - and the consequent solution:

All of sudden, my Avira scanner quarantined an age of empires…

the file in question is: …/age of empires II/voobly mods/aoc/patches/v1.5 beta r7/userpatch.dll - had to put it on the avira ignore list

without this file, version 1.5 obviously does not work - just wasted half a day on this, and still Need to re do all my Hotkeys... ****..
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 17 August 2018 - 5:26 pm
hi
nice find.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LAK]Nezahualpili

Posted 17 August 2018 - 8:16 pm
I have exactly the same problem since yesterday that I update windows, and reinstall everything and remains the same, if someone could solve it share the solution

;pout
Link | Reply | Quote
 _sevem

Posted 17 August 2018 - 8:44 pm
Check if you got the same Problem as I did: go to the Folder mentioned in the post above and look for userpatchdll file - if it is missing, chances are the file got quarantined as well, you may then
a) turn off antivirus software, restore the file and put it on your antivirius ignore list
b) turn off antivirus software, deinstall and delete all voobly related files, reinstall voobly, put userpatchdll file on antivirus ignore list
Link | Reply | Quote
 Michaerbse

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:41 pm
Is there any way to give _sevem's post a like or highlight it somehow as a solution?
This seems to affect many people (there were three of us here) - should maybe get pinned for some time...?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 18 August 2018 - 1:03 am
hi
it will get seen.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 24 out of 24 posts