Point awarded to player who resigned

Poll: Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Yes
Sort of
No
No, voobly always displays correct results for matches
 Uysee

Posted 23 August 2018 - 3:09 pm
Game #18315159 - Uysee vs jebbus06 - at the end of the game jebbus06 clicked "save and exit", I (Uysee) clicked "continue", jebbus06 clicked save and exit, next thing it says jebbus06 resigned and then it showed on the screen "YOU ARE VICTORIOUS". But in the statistics on voobly it shows I lost and I lost 18 points. It also shows the opposite of what happened, it says jebbus06 chose to continue and I resigned when the opposite is true. Why does it show I lost when jebbus06 was the one who resigned, not me?

I'm relatively new to Age of Empires and really like the game and the voobly client, but I don't like seeing it says I lost when actually my opponent resigned.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 23 August 2018 - 3:13 pm
This happens when your connection drops mid game. Your local game cannot check this and therefore will trick you to believe that your opponent has dropped instead. This is much easier to spot in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 games as you will see every other player has dropped which would mean its you who has actually dropped.

P.S: It is normal for players to drop once in a blue moon however, if this happens in every other game, you might want to double check your internet connection to ensure its stable.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts