Compatibility Patch Chaos

[OuT']0r3o

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:40 pm
I've been an avid fan and simple player of AoE for a long time, since I was 4 and could use a mouse and keyboard... I've wanted to play online with a stable and growing community for forever... and now that I can... I cant seem to link with anyone seeing as there is a compatibility patch that I also have to download. I downloaded it and restarted everything, and it says that the patch wasn't downloaded and that the issue is the same. SO I did it again and again, and the same thing happened again and again. I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP please.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 31 August 2018 - 12:00 am by kitt
hi
that patch is not needed unless you have the steam version of the game.

install the game as per this from the cd's:
1) The game installed similar to this for XP/ Vista/ Win7/Win10.32 bit:
C:Program files/Microsoft Games/Age Of Empires11/

The game installed similar to this for Vista/ W7/ W8/ Win10. 64 bit.
C:Program files[86]/Microsoft Games/Age Of Empires11/
install the game as admin, in compatibility mode for xpsp3.

if you have the steam version follow this tutorial for a good install: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
you need to make sure your pc firewall allows voobly and the game through.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [OuT']0r3o

Posted 1 September 2018 - 2:02 am
Kitt, I've literally spent three days worth of time doing that stupid installation pathway for a clean install and nothing has worked. Before I start downloading the patch I get a "Error: Age2HD installation was not at" and then it continues to install. SO IDK WHAT THE ISSUE IS BUT IT SUCKS

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 1 September 2018 - 11:13 pm
hi
confirm you have the steam hd version.
do you have the cd's?
if you can get in to a lobby, from options at the top of screen, do the game diagnostic and show here in full.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts